Experiences with returning this tablet

Experiences with returning this tablet

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Experiences with returning this tablet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Idontknow 3 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Vedran
    Participant

With quite a few people reporting that their tablet died with no hope of getting it working, I would be interested in experiences of people who actually decided to return it back to the seller:

1) Approximate amount you paid to send it back
    2) Did you return it for a refund?
    3) Did you send it back for repairs?
    4) Does anyone have positive experience with repairs (everything works perfect after it’s back from round trip to China)?
    5) Do you have any additional advice for owners of dead tablets that won’t even charge?

Márton Tichi
    Participant

Hi,

I have returned my chuwi vi10 a few months ago to Gearbest. It only had a touchscreen issue, but I got a full refund. I paid about €22 for the shipping (not priority, Austrian Post).

Make sure you do everything through PayPal’s dispute system because if the seller denies the refund, PayPal will get everything sorted out. Also this way you can make sure that they are going to give you a paypal refund and not some crap store credit thingy.

Always demand your points and if they say no then insist on what you want. After all they are on the other side of the world and they work with different internal policies than western companies.

I hope I could help you.

MDCool
    Participant

Mine is in transit, sent it back to Gearbest for a full refund, it cost £17 so about 25 Euro I guess. Unfortunately it only tracks until it leaves the UK. I haven’t gone through paypal dispute but wish I had.

FaiRLane
    Participant

I ordered Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablet from GearBest.

I have posted mine, cost about 28 euros (finnish post), no tracking code.

Yes (i like to see, if 45 days payback works, if not, then i hope that i get back working Hi8 Pro tablet).

No

4) Does anyone have positive experience with repairs (everything works perfect after it’s back from round trip to China)?
    i Not have any experiences

5) Do you have any additional advice for owners of dead tablets that won’t even charge?
    No, same as others: Press power button long and try again…

Laura
    Participant

ouch, you sent the tablet without tracking code? it’s most likely gone for good. paypal will not refund you if you don’t ship with tracking and the tablet will either get stuck/lost at chinese customs or they just will not accept it back or pretend it never came…

MDCool
    Participant

I was worried about mine given that tracking stopped at Chinese customs, GearBest were claiming they hadn’t received it after almost a month so I threatened opening a dispute through PayPal, 12 hours later they ‘received the tablet and will issue a refund in 3-7 days’. So a minor success, it cost me about 20 euros to send it back.

So now I’m stuck, what tablet should I buy if not this one?

filn
    Participant

My Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablet came from Spain PowerPlanetOnline
    About 6.30 euros Didn’t pay anything, the 6.30 was the shipping fee when I bought it. I went to the carrier and PowerPlanetOnline paid for the transportation.
    No
    Yes under the 2 year EU warranty.
    They replaced the motherboard. It took 3 weeks to repair. Its working fine now.
    No! The tablet just would not charge, it “died” after a month.

FaiRLane
    Participant

Hi Laura

Yes, i know the risk. But i think that Gearbest is decent seller, so i trust it.

First option on this case is to get money back, but now i think that factory fixed tablet is also ok.

FaiRLane
    Participant

Hi.

My case ended happily.

I got full refund from Gearbest and tablet arrived to seller (almost 6 week in transit).

What i learn is that, there is a risk to be “early bird” 🙂

All i wonder is, why Chuwi spoil reputation releasing bad product like Chuwi Hi8 Pro…

Jo
    Participant

I got mine from gearbest, they offered me a few options, 45 day money back with return, return for repair, partial refund in gearbucks, or reduced price replacement.  I was out of the 45day window and cuz shipping would be over 25 bucks, i chose to buy a replacement for bout half what i paid. Could have the same issues, could have new ones, we will see, they said it carries the same warranty.

Idontknow
    Participant

I bought the tablet from geekbuying and I must say, that the people there were very helpful.

From Germany 6.80€ as a ‘Großbrief’ and ‘Einschreiben’ for a tracking number through ‘Deutsche Post’ –> DHL. I sent in just the tablet in lots of cushioning, no additional accessories. GeekBuying sent it then to Chuwi for repair.

No

Yes

It took quite a long time, but about two months later I got it back repaired. I sent in a dead Windows 10 only tablet and got back a dual boot tablet. The serial number is the same, but somehow the charging LED got a lot brighter. Maybe the electronics got changed… (Now I’m trying to get rid of Android…)

The bad thing is that now there are some scratches on the display. The technicians at Chuwi should better clean their workbench…

Send it in for repair.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password