EZBook 3 Pro reset BIOS by removing battery (bios one)

EZBook 3 Pro reset BIOS by removing battery (bios one)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro reset BIOS by removing battery (bios one)

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi.

Is it posible to reset the BIOS by removing the BIOS battery inside the case?

Will it be enough to take the battery out or will I have to short some pins also?

Thanks.

Peter
    Participant

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not normally the case with this as the flash is would need a reflash to reset it if you bricked it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Peter
    Participant

So is it pointless to try it? Where can I find a bios dump for this one?

Ulric
    Participant

Hi,

my experience is, there is no dedicated button battery for BIOS (UEFI) iz EZBook 3 PRO v.2. When I disconnected the main battery, the UEFI did reset to factory defaults.

Peter
    Participant

Genius Ulric 🙂 Thank you very much, it worked, just unplugging the main battery for a few seconds and the BIOS got reset.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great it worked! I also found this just incase it didn’t:

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Peter
    Participant

The thing is I couldn’t get into bios neither by ESC key nor Windows, I could log in Windows because I had VNC installed, but then i never got to BIOS to perform the blind reset, but the battery trick did it 🙂

Paul M
    Participant

I was trying to enable boot from USB device and somehow I have disabled the keyboard when the UEFI/BIOS settings are loaded. I tried a USB keyboard and that doesn’t work, I can boot windows and it works. So I think I am going to have to pop the bottom off and disconnect the battery!!!

Michel
    Participant

Resetting the bios doesn’t remove the admin password. How to?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password