EzBook 3 Pro Doesn't recognize a plugged SSD in BIOS, but it works on linux

EzBook 3 Pro Doesn't recognize a plugged SSD in BIOS, but it works on linux

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EzBook 3 Pro Doesn't recognize a plugged SSD in BIOS, but it works on linux

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jhon 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jhon
    Participant

Hi,

i have a problem with my ezbook 3 pro: lately i bought one Transcend TS240GMTS420S SSD to expand the harddrive memory of the pc, but after i installed it, the BIOS doens’t show up in the SATA section. I ignored this problem, and i continued by installing a fresh windows 10. All seems to go normally, the ssd show in windows setup, but after selecting the ssd in the setup and pressed “Next”, the setup got stuck, and after a while the error 0x80070057 appeared. So, i’m unable to installa windows 10 on the new ssd. I started to troubleshoot the problem, by booting in linux, and on linux the ssd show up and it works fine, i can even install linux on the ssd, but i can’t boot from it because the bios doesn’t recognize it.

Is there enyone who has some ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you

Dutchy007
    Participant

Hi, i have a problem with my ezbook 3 pro: lately i bought one Transcend TS240GMTS420S SSD to expand the harddrive memory of the pc, but after i installed it, the BIOS doens’t show up in the SATA section. I ignored this problem, and i continued by installing a fresh windows 10. All seems to go normally, the ssd show in windows setup, but after selecting the ssd in the setup and pressed “Next”, the setup got stuck, and after a while the error 0x80070057 appeared. So, i’m unable to installa windows 10 on the new ssd. I started to troubleshoot the problem, by booting in linux, and on linux the ssd show up and it works fine, i can even install linux on the ssd, but i can’t boot from it because the bios doesn’t recognize it. Is there enyone who has some ideas how to solve this problem? Thank you

Sorry for the late reply.

This is pretty much standard for the EZbook 3 Pro. Al least for the later board/bios versions (V6). SSD’s will simply not show up in the Bios no matter what you do. In the end I just gave up and went with the MMC as my boot drive, and all the rest of the stuff goes on my SSD.
    I found that Samsung SSD’s work the best.

There are other threads about this btw. It really sucks, but I’ll manage to live with it.

Jhon
    Participant

Hi, thank you for your reply.

After a week of investigation to the problem, trying replacing the bios Bios with multiple versions and searching for problems with the main board itself, i discovered that the problem is due to a bad connection between the M.2 connector and the SSD (too much interference to the SATA Bus).

I solved this problem in a very tricky way, by soldering directly the Sata wires from the SSD to the corresponding pins on the main board, taking care of the SATA Bus specification (grounding, wires capacitance, length matching, ecc…). I also reuse the the SSD Board with the Ezbook to provide the power to the SSD, in order to work.

I hope jumper will solve this problem on future versions of the Ezbook

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password