EZBook 3 Pro (version 3) – Old Bios?

EZBook 3 Pro (version 3) – Old Bios?

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZBook 3 Pro (version 3) – Old Bios?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nashimd
    Participant

I’m having this problem where BIOS/Windows can’t detect my m.2 SSD (Sandisk Z400s). Not just that, there is also no option to boot from a bootable usb in the bios although it was at least detected in the usb configuration.

Could this be because I’m having the old bios version (03/24/2017)? In this video, the bios version is different to mine (06/22/2017). For those of you who manage to get the SSD to work, what are your bios versions?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Simon
    Participant

That’s my video with the 22/6 bios 😉

I don’t have an m.2 ssd yet to test it out so I can’t tell you if it works with this bios. If you know how I can dump the bios and send it to you let me know, I’d be happy to try.

nashimd
    Participant

The new bios should work. At least that’s the bios most people who got the ssd to work should have I think. I got a feeling my bios version was for the 1st Ezbook pro without dual band wifi and m.2 ssd slot. You could try to dump your bios using the AptioV Firmware Update Tool. I’m not sure if that’s the right tool but no harm trying I guess. Thank you in advance!

Anyway I got the bootable usb  to work by using the media creation tool. Now left with the ssd… 🙁

Chris G
    Keymaster

I’ve had email discussions with other EZB3P owners with SSD issues, not being detected in the bios. Some formatted first in Windows under using dispart or via the command prompt. Their issue was the SSD shows only in Windows when booting from the eMMC.

Another got back to me that they used another brand of SSD and it worked fine so not the M.2 port or the bios. They first tried a older Sandisk X110 I think it was with no luck.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

nashimd
    Participant

If its an ssd issue, then I’ll just get another one but what if its a bios issue? Nevertheless the laptop is still fine without ssd so I’ll just use the emmc for now until Jumper/GB replies.

Jukelea
    Participant

I’ve taken a M.2 SSD from Transcend in 2242. After formatting in Windows it was detected and I could install Windows on it (cloning from the EMMC). All running fine.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Like I said the Sandisk SSD’s seem to be the issue, not the slot itself as another user with a SanDisk didn’t get it to work, but another brand worked. No idea why, but that is how it is.

Try another brand? If it works, great, sell the Sandisk.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar