Ezbook air keyboard not working after updates

Ezbook air keyboard not working after updates

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook air keyboard not working after updates

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ezbook user
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve received my ezbook air two days ago. Its a good machine in overall for 200E price tag. However, sometime after I performed all windows updates (including anniversary edition update), and installed vmware player, the keyboard and touchpad stopped responding all of a sudden. After the restart, they still do not work. The weird thing is, I cannot enter BIOS with ESC anymore.

I tried plugging in external USB keyboard/mouse, but couldn’t manage to get any response from them either. I believe this is an issue caused by vmware modifications to the windows 10 registry as discussed in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/laptop-keyboard-no-longer-works-after-windows-10/3c51fc88-d93c-44e7-809f-c6c71da4b0e7

I am stuck at this point and appreciate any help. Cannot boot the device from an usb stick either as I believe the boot priority is set to the hard drive in the BIOS, which I cannot change due to lack of keyboard input.

Best,

ezbook user
    Participant

Two times, I managed to get the keyboard working. I have no idea how (last time I was trying to hold the shift key when booting, but when I try now it does nothing).

When the Jumper logo shows up at the boot screen, on the bottom right corner there is a two digit number. When I received the computer, this number was 92, and everything was working smoothly. Right now, it starts by 98, changes to 92 for a few miliseconds, and finally changes to D7. When this happens, keyboard and mouse inputs (including external USB) do not work.

When I managed to get the keyboard working (where I got code 92), I resetted windows to a clean installation. However, after the reinstallation I started to get code D7 again. Now I’m back to square one.

Any ideas what this might be?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar