Ezbook Pro 3 V4 – very slow and lagging when browsing

Ezbook Pro 3 V4 – very slow and lagging when browsing

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook Pro 3 V4 – very slow and lagging when browsing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Young
    Participant

Just received Jumper Ezbook Pro 3 V4 last Friday.  First thing I noticed – is how slow it is.  When browsing the internet with either Edge browser or Chrome browser, it lags at times. I feels like my old 15 year Macbook pro.  Very disappointed. I also cannot disable power limit from the Bios. There is no option for me to do so.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue as me? I do not have anything else running and yet laptop is so slow.

It took me almost entire day to install all the windows update.

Stefan
    Participant

I can’t help with the lag issue sadly, but i don’t think it’s a v4. Locked power options and recieving date points more towards v5 or v5.5.

Since you are only talking about lags while browsing, could it be internet connection?

You could also check the driver with the Intel driver assistant. I think the one on mine was outdated.

If you own a USB to Network connector, try a wired connection.

Young
    Participant

Wifi is good at 50MB-100MB download speed on  Verizon Fios

Lagging I mention browsing because that all my wife does on the laptop

I will try to check Intel driver and let you know

Thx

joe321
    Participant

The lag is probably because of the Windows updates installing in the background. At least that was the case with my ezbook 3 pro.

Young
    Participant

Windows update has completed already but still lagging. 🙁

G
    Participant

The CPU is pretty weak still, and modern webpages need a decent CPU to load all the adverts. I use an ad blocker extension on Chrome which helps a lot 🙂

Young
    Participant

Just updated Intel Network driver.

Got ABP Ad Blocker.

Overall PC speed is just slow.

Checked my internet speedtest.net  106 MB down   88 MB up.

Edge browser – CNN.com loading time is even abit slow. 🙂

Do you think changing to different SSD will speed it up more?

Too bad we cannot upgrade the memory on this

G
    Participant

Do you have any weird power settings which may be throttling the CPU? Try downloading the Passmark Performance Test application (30 day trial) and see what results you get.

joe321
    Participant

Check task manager for any cpu intensive process running. Ezbook 3 pro should be responsive for web browsing… I had more than 50 tabs in chrome and for browsing it was maybe 10-15% slower than my other i5 laptop with ssd… Almost not noticable.

Young
    Participant

At start up  windows defender at high 30-50%, then after few minutes, it’s back to less than 1%

I also see Cortana at like 15%-30% only for few seconds though

Running benchmark now

Young
    Participant

Pass mark rating 847.8

Cpu mark 1502.0

2D 180.3

3D 326.6

Memory mark 861.8

Disk mark 998.2

Disk mark the lowest at 45th percentile but for web browsing it shouldn’t matter right?

How does this compare with other jumper ezbook 3?

Young
    Participant
    Liam
    Participant

If you haven’t done so already, I recommend a clean install of Windows. I did the latter and noticed an improvement in start up times and performance in general. HWiNFO is a great tool for finding out information about your system, it will tell you if you have a power limit set on the CPU. If it states “Unlimited” there isn’t a power limit set.

Mike A
    Participant

If you haven’t done so already, I recommend a clean install of Windows.

Same for me, i made a copy of windows from the Emmc to and SSD and it was slow and cumbersome. After a fresh install on SSD everything is fine. Make sure to backup the “intel thermal management” (or similar named) drivers with doubledriver. As finding those on the net isn’t easy.

Young
    Participant

How do you deal with licensing when you do fresh install of Windows?

Do I have to get new SSD ? Laptop cost only $220

SSD cost is $125, which is more than half of the laptop cost. lol

https://www.amazon.com/Transcend-128GB-MTS400-Solid-TS128GMTS400/dp/B00KLTPUU0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1497238164&sr=8-7&keywords=m2.+sata+3+2242&linkCode=sl1&tag=am09312-20&linkId=b73b67fa9df6b8d8351b0b5f60f32f75

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar