Ezbook X4 screen brightness controls on keyboard not working

Ezbook X4 screen brightness controls on keyboard not working

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook X4 screen brightness controls on keyboard not working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juan Pablo Carranza Hurtado
    Participant

I bought an Ezbook X4 back in November, I have the version with the N4100 Celeron processor and 4gb of Ram. Since I bought it I’ve been having this recurring bug with the windows key, sometimes the keyboard acts as if the windows key was being pressed while in reality it isn’t. This is especially annoying when you’re typing and suddenly you start to trigger all the Windows key shortcuts such as W+L (which logs you out of your account).

In an attempt to solving this I tried reinstalling Windows from the recovery partition in my SSD since I noticed it was mainly a software issue(I tried disabling input from the Windows key, and the bug continued occurring) . The windows key bug didn’t resolve and now I can’t control my screen brightness through Fn shortcuts.

Does anyone have a Doubledriver zip file for me to restore my drivers and see if that hopefully helps? Thanks 🙂

martinh
    Participant

By “tried disabling input from the Windows key” you mean you have physically removed the key from keyboard? This is what I had to, as my ‘Esc’ key had permanent contact.

Participant

I disabled it via software, can’t remember what the program was called :/ Autokey I think. The problem with the windows key isn’t bugging me that much these days. Having to go into display settings to change the brightness is very annoying in the other hand.

martinh
    Participant

I don’t think it’s a driver problem as it should work out-of-the-box in W10. Have you tried it on a Linux Live System?

Participant

I’m going to attempt installing Ubuntu to see if that works. I’ll be updating what happens here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar