EZPad 5s – Dos and Don'ts

EZPad 5s – Dos and Don'ts

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series EZPad 5s – Dos and Don'ts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

General discussion and advice for the EZPad 5s.

DON’T mess with the BIOS, you’re likely to brick your device, and recovering it is non-trivial. It’s not a great device for hacking on.

DON’T reformat with a fresh version of Windows 10, at least for now. As far as I know, no one’s released all the drivers for this device. Maybe Chris will get it put up in the downloads section of this site at some point.

DON’T leave it unplugged for long periods of time. The battery usage is… not great. I had this tablet and a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 sitting in my backpack for two days, completely untouched. I pulled both out tonight, and the Samsung was at 60% battery, while the EZPad was at 5%.

DO install 2D games. I’ve only tried a couple so far, but they perform great. Just don’t expect much from 3D games.

DO use it for development. I’ve only tried PyCharm, but the EZPad seems to run a full IDE without any issues. One of the things I wanted was a light, on-the-go dev machine, and it’s doing that admirably.

DO use it for streaming and presentations. The mini-HDMI works great, and the processor definitely keeps up with simple tasks like streaming and screen sharing.

I’d love to get more feedback from any others!

Anonymous
    Inactive

i check the battery with batteryinfoview software and find out the is something really wrong about the battery. it show that the full capacity is higher than the design capacity.

the first time check it show that the wear is 189% which is absurd. then yesterday i start taking snap shop of it because the wear actually go down to 155%.

Just now i check it was 147%.

i think it will quickly go down to 100% soon to match the design capacity that 4300mAh as shown in the picture.

i’m pretty sure it got something to do with the battery not being 8500mAh  like the spec say, some how its feel like there is two part of the batery that is.. one part is the real rechargable capacity and the other is not rechargable and be lost after the first few usage or so.

John
    Participant

The Double Driver backup and Touch Screen drivers are in the Tech Tablets Downloads section now.

Also note that someone else in the forum had a problem with reinstalling the Camera Driver for the Ezpad 5s from the Double Driver backup. They got it to work by disabling Windows driver signature verification:

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar