Linux on EZPad 5S

Linux on EZPad 5S

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series Linux on EZPad 5S

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ahlidap
    Participant

Hello all,

back to this again after a pause due to many reasons.
    I’ve tested today the Xubuntu 17.04 beta1 available at http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com/ and I got good news!

Wifi Working
    Battery Status Working

I will test the unpatched version from xubuntu / ubuntu and see if these devices are working because of linuxium patches or not.
    If I repeat my steps to have a working touch, only sound would still missing!
    Even without sound, wifi and battery status is awesome!

I will be posting updates during the next days.

Cheers

ahlidap
    Participant

foo

Sorry?

Brad
    Participant

something wrong with the forum. My post 63109 not showing up (at least not for me).

Brad
    Participant

Linuxium’s 17.04 Beta 1 version
    Did you run the script(s) that Linuxium said is required to make audio work?
    By the way, I don’t know if he is talking about normal audio here or HDMI-audio.

http://linuxiumcomau.blogspot.com.br/2017/03/ubuntu-16042-and-ubuntu-1704-beta-1.html

“Kernel update scripts are provided for updating the kernel and require my ISOs to be installed as a pre-requisite otherwise you will be missing the ‘userland’ files required for audio, wifi and bluetooth. To upgrade the existing installed kernel to the later version provided by the script first download the script and after making it executable…<stuff deleted>…”

ahlidap
    Participant

Linuxium’s 17.04 Beta 1 version
    Did you run the script(s) that Linuxium said is required to make audio work?
    By the way, I don’t know if he is talking about normal audio here or HDMI-audio.

“Kernel update scripts are provided for updating the kernel and require my ISOs to be installed as a pre-requisite otherwise you will be missing the ‘userland’ files required for audio, wifi and bluetooth. To upgrade the existing installed kernel to the later version provided by the script first download the script and after making it executable…<stuff deleted>…”

Hi,

no.
    I also thought it could be just for HDMI, but I haven’t run them because I just tried in Live USB Mode.
    I will first boot a plain (x)Ubuntu version, and only after I will give a try to install linuxium’s version and apply patch. 😉

ahlidap
    Participant

Hi,

No sound even after applying the patch provided.
    Also BlueTooth is not working 🙁 I’ve restarted the service as written in linuxium but it do not detect the device. (I’ll try a little more).

About plain and original Ubuntu beta, I think Battery status is working, but no WIFI at all.
    So for now I will play a little with the linuxium versions 🙂 maybe with the Budgie flavor.

Cheers

Jannis
    Participant

ahlidap. Is there a way to install the touch drivers without wifi? And does the package installing with ‘sudo xxxxx’ only work while online? I’ve just started with Ubuntu on the Jumper Ezpad 5SE and i’m struggling with getting the drivers 4 wifi & touch installed.

ahlidap
    Participant

Hi,

can’t remember. I don’t have this device anymore.

Wifi wasn’t working, I’ve used a USB wifi device.

Many things were missing, I don’t know how it is now, specially with the iso respin from linuxium.
    But if things on this device are (not) working in the same way, it’s not really usable with linux.

I made that for fun.

Brad
    Participant

Ubuntu uses Debian packages (files ending in “.deb”).  If you download the .deb file on another machine you might be able to install it from a USB drive.
    Keep in mind any package might depend on other packages which you won’t know until you try to install it.  Then if so, you’ll have to install those dependencies first.
    To install the .deb packages see this: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159094/how-to-install-a-deb-file-by-dpkg-i-or-by-apt

Brad
    Participant

Also, you can use a USB3.0-to-Ethernet adapter to get wired networking or a USB-WiFi adapter for wireless.
    Both are cheap and the drivers are usually built into Ubuntu, Manjaro, Mint, etc.
    Check on the user forums for Ubuntu or other which one works the best as there are MANY different manufacturers of these.

Pluggable USB 3.0 ethernet adapter. Drivers should be already built into Linux.
    TP-Link TL WN725N 150Mbps WiFi. Drivers should be already built into Linux.
    TP-Link TL WN823N V2 (w/Realtek RTL8192EU) 300Mbps WiFi. Drivers may have to be built/compiled and installed.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar