Ezpad 6 pro TDP limit

Ezpad 6 pro TDP limit

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZPad series Ezpad 6 pro TDP limit

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

arteee87
    Participant

It seems none of the settings in bios for TDP do work for me, it keeps throttling from 16 to 6W after 10sec at any load. I’ve also tried software hack for TDP that’s here in forum.

With thermal mod it peaks at 60C at 16w TDP, then stays at ~50C afterwards.

So did anyone succeeded it TDP fix?

Ronnie The Bear
    Participant

Hi Arteee, I’m afraid I can’t help you as I don’t have a EZpad 6 Pro. Did you have any luck with this issue? Do I understand you correctly that even with the software hack instead of the BIOS modification, it will throttle itself back down to 6W under load?

arteee87
    Participant

Yes, software hack did not work for me too. But hwinfo64 does detect change in Thermal Limit 1 after both bios change and software hack.

arteee87
    Participant

Finally figured out what was the problem – DPTF should be disabled in bios. Now cpu does work at 15w.

• But it is necessary to set up temperature throttling to around 85 C, since it easily hits 105 C without it and shuts down, even after cooler mod.

Chris
    Participant

Does any one have any info on the heatsink mod?

I found not using DPTF, causes reset as soon as its under stress. Even at 6W. So I set it to 10 and started tweaking DPTF settings and got it to increase FPS. Another problem with not using DPTF, it causes long pauses as it struggles. DPTF, lets you fine tune the throttle.

Chris
    Participant

TDP in bios doesnt work. If its set to anything other than 6, it takes what ever wattage it wants and ignores wattage value you set.
    So it ramps up to 25 watts and shuts off.

Chris
    Participant

Ok, Leaving it on defaults seems to give fastest results. Running benchmarks, its gives best score than when messing with it.

I have also taken it apart to see if I can fit a 2mm heatsink. Unfortunately, there is no room. However I did spot a factory blunder. The copper screw holes are not soldered in, so 2 were not attached. This caused heatsink to raise and not make good contact with CPU. I will resolder and test again.

EDIT:-

After resoldering screw holes and adding another thermal pad. I found that disabling CPU option in DTFP config gave good results.

I found that untweaked, my bench mark would average 11 to 13 FPS (SCORE = 280). After tweaking, it climbed to around 22 FPS (SCORE = 453). CPU holds at around 90 degs, dont even notice it throttling. I will buy some more thermal pad and 2mm heatsink. See if I can get it to go faster.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password