F15 Right Alt (Alt Gr) problem

F15 Right Alt (Alt Gr) problem

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops F15 Right Alt (Alt Gr) problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Krzychu
    Participant

Hi,

I have just received my F15 notebook and discovered there is no Right Alt Key (Alt gr) on keyboard, there is second Win Key on the right side of the spacebar key. Does anyone know how to configure keyboard layout, to make the right windows key behave as right alt (alt gr)? Its extremely important in order to type. Can anyone help?

Best regards

tintwotin
    Participant

Maybe this tool can be useful? https://github.com/randyrants/sharpkeys

The coder writes:

I finally merged the code change that changes the way keys are entered into the list, which includes looking for triple-byte keycodes and should enable the ability to remap Alt+Gr. What I don’t know is if it works or not, so if you successfully or unsuccessfully remap the Alt+Gr key, please let people know in the Issues section – thanks!

I’m thinking about buying a F15 too, so let me know if this solves that problem?

Krzychu
    Participant

Thank You, SharpKeys solved the problem, and its portable (download zip version) so you don’t have to install it. I tried other similar app previously but that other app did not help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    tintwotin
    Participant

Great news. I’ve ordered a F15 and waiting for it to arrive, however, I’ve asked these people if they could sell me danish keyboard stickers including an ‘Alt Gr’ key, but no answer yet: https://keyshorts.com/products/danish-keyboard-stickers

Are you using keyboard stickers – and if so, where do you buy them?

Krzychu
    Participant

So far I don’t use any stickers.

Although SharpKeys did the job, it’s very weird problem. The attached EU plug, everything else works ok, i would never think of checking if the keyboard layout is right.

For a moment, I thought it could be preinstalled OS (win10) issue, but when I booted Macrium Reflect Rescue (from flashdrive), the keyboard issue was present – no alt gr but second win key.
    I tried looking for keyboard options in bios, but no success.

By the way, keyboard layout with second win key instead of alt gr, makes the notebook completely useless (brick).

Looks like we are doomed to use SharpKeys.

<span class=”tlid-translation translation” lang=”en”><span class=”” title=””> </span></span>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar