Failed to Install BIOS (Air)

Failed to Install BIOS (Air)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion Failed to Install BIOS (Air)

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rino Adi Pratama
    Participant

Hi good people, I reflashed the bios in order to reinstall both my windows & android for repartition purpose, & failed. Now, my tablet has no bios & can’t boot to either windows or android. Need quick help, How to install the BIOS without OS since it’s the only windows thing i have & it’s for my work

Note that my tablet isn’t dead. Just, have no bios to boot

Thanks

OptoMan
    Participant

we can’t know what you mean yet — you need a bios and the only way to add a bios if there is none is by putting clamps on the flash chip.

realize that optimal ordering is: 1) flash bios from working windows 2) flash android update, which clears all partition information and leaves room for windows 3) install windows.

where did it go wrong?  did you flash bios for iWork8 AIR i1-TF from working win10?

if you say tablet’s not dead — seems there is some bios, but no boot information for it to find, please describe what happened

Rino Adi Pratama
    Participant

we can’t know what you mean yet — you need a bios and the only way to add a bios if there is none is by putting clamps on the flash chip. realize that optimal ordering is: 1) flash bios from working windows 2) flash android update, which clears all partition information and leaves room for windows 3) install windows. where did it go wrong? did you flash bios for iWork8 AIR i1-TF from working win10? if you say tablet’s not dead — seems there is some bios, but no boot information for it to find, please describe what happened

thanks for the respons

yes, i flashed the bios from windows 10 & it failed dunno why, then it restarted itself & stuck at blank screen (the one after cube logo & before we choose dual boot option) & i do know the steps for reinstalling the firmware (which i got from Chris’s tutorials for reinstall the ultimate version)

tried to enter bios using escape button & didn’t work

looks like no bios installed & need to know how to install it without windows

ObiWahn
    Participant

i think, i have a similar problem like rino.

i downloaded the firmare from here (http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377929-urgent-i-need-firmware-cube-iwork8-air/) and moved to files from the bios folder to the windows root of my iwork8 air.

i’ve run 1_flash64.bat with admin rights and some things were flashed and made at the console. after this, the tablet restarted itself and showed a black screen. after a couple of minutes i pushed the power button for a second, but nothing happend. after more minutes i pushed the power button for 5 seconds, no response.

i bricked my tablet, right? or is there any change to revive it, besides “putting clamps on the flash chip”? 😉 🙁

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar