First Batch of Negative reports on Hi10

First Batch of Negative reports on Hi10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion First Batch of Negative reports on Hi10

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 286 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

More info please! These two are the first “real” ones I’ve seen anywhere on net. Some video on YouTube would be phenomenal. Thanks! My Hi10 unit just get more delay on Geekbuying. New shipping date is 5th December! I am so frustrated for that.

Laura
    Participant

Just gotten my units and had sent some of the photos n feedback to Chris.

wtf… that is a generic bluetooth keyboard not the official dock… did you order that or the seller scammed you?

Mikaboshi
    Participant

The keyboard is part of the package deal.

Quite useless without the touchpad. I had recently bought a keyboard cover that comes with a touchpad for my acer W4. See attached acer1 & acer2 pictures. Will get similar type for these two Hi10.

As mentioned in other post, picture 1.png is one of the keyboard cover they are selling for Hi10. It’s without touchpad too. As for 2.png, its with touchpad but its rather bulky.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Syed M. Aahab
    Participant

How are the thermals on it? And could you please post an eMMC read/write speed test? Also does the body creek or flex?

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with us. Hope both your units work perfectly eventually.

Mikaboshi
    Participant

Attached is the emmc speed test as per requested.

The quality of the make is quite decent. No creeks etc etc…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Daniel
    Participant

Is the flicker on screen software (drivers, windows) related, or this thing is more serious (hardware)?

Also… windows 32 bit?!? Noooooooo… Whats with that Chuwi? What? What? Chuwi Why? Are we forced to piratizated this machine with 64 bit windows? Maybe thats why all the fuss on chinese forums with drivers. Mass reinstall happening?

Laura
    Participant

if the license is legit and the bios supports uefi64 you can install 64 bit windows on your own… that would be just a minor hassle, the more alarming things are the flicker and the usb ports that should be 3.0 but seems are 2.0

Chris G
    Keymaster

My Cube iwork11 arrived today, same story as the Hi10. 32bit Windows 10 Pro installed. Only 2.9 usable. Not sure why the hell they went with 32bit. Not off to a good start. Apart from that it feels fast, no screen flicker issues like the hi10.

Chuwi looks to have rushed this Hi10 out for 11.11 sales and now they are paying the price. Mine is delayed, I will not have any time soon I can see.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Laura
    Participant

My Cube iwork11 arrived today, same story as the Hi10. 32bit Windows 10 Pro installed. Only 2.9 usable. Not sure why the hell they went with 32bit. Not off to a good start. Apart from that it feels fast, no screen flicker issues like the hi10. Chuwi looks to have rushed this Hi10 out for 11.11 sales and now they are paying the price. Mine is delayed, I will not have any time soon I can see.

3 possible reasons

1. the bios is uefi32 only
    2. some driver they are using is 32 bit only
    3. they are stupid

i sure hope its just #3

Stephan
    Participant

Hi Mikaboshi,

are the ports USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? Spec says 2 full USB 3.0 ports and 1 Micro USB 2.0 port.
    What’s your impression on the screen, mainly contrast and brightness?

Many thanks

Mikaboshi
    Participant

Daniel, the screen flicker could be due to power consumption and occurred in occasional times only. After updating the firmware, seems to have stopped. it is also fairly easy but irritating to just power off the screen and on the screen again and its gone.

Mikaboshi
    Participant

Laura, my apologies. forgot to mention that usb is 3.0 though the port itself is not blue in color. and UEFI is definitely 32bit. This is after many tries in tries to get the system to install 64bit but in vain and then it dawn upon me when Chris mentioned that it could be a 32bit UEFI.

I tried using scripts to create partitions and force install the 64bit image but while finalizing the installation, BCDboot command failed due to UEFI is only 32bit.

Mikaboshi
    Participant

Stephan, the screen contrast and brightness is decent on a plastic screen. However, the speakers are terrible. Hardly audible.

Nader
    Participant

If you could buy hi10 again, would you?

I’d love a full review myself but I know you might be busy. I already bought one and it’s my first tablet. I don’t plan to buy several tablets so I just hope this one will meet it’s promises lol.

Mikaboshi
    Participant

Nader, doing review aint my forte. I could help to run some test if you want.

I have 1 windows laptop, a mac mini, a 8″ windows tablet, 10.1″ android tablet all for different purposes. I am not sure what’s your purpose/usage like for the Hi10 tablet, but for me, its mainly for word processing, presentation, etc.

Hence, the few crucial things that I would look for based on the above needs

1. display – Hi10 is sufficiently capable
    2. sound quality – Hi10 is equipped with very meek speakers. will definitely need a bluetooth speaker
    3. portability – Hi10 comes with 2 full usb ports, micro usb port (can be used for OTG and charging) and micro hdmi port.

10.1 inch windows tablet weighing 522gram and at this kind of price point, Hi10 would still make the cut for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 286 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar