First Impresions

First Impresions

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion First Impresions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi!
    I have X98 Plus just for a  week now and i can confirm it is great. no problem what so ever browsing the web, watching movies, etc , battery is great ( 4 movies and some browsing on one cycle – did only 3 full cycles so it is still not at optimal usage i gues) and is overall fast!!!! – Not what people are saying and they dont even own it – check your facts! . Installed Medal of Honor 2010 !!! and plays ok on 1024X768 screen, tried Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 and was doing ok, not the best but playable on 800×600. Also no issues with SWAT 4 and COD MW1, Speakers are not so loud but on headphones is GREAT! Still have to try some other games but overall i can recomend this tablet for everyday use and some light gaming ( that is why tablet is for – all other stuff is done on laptop or PC! I was also looking for X2 Pro, X16 Pro and Cube i7 Stylus, but i realised that i need tablet not a powerhorse laptop and i am more than satisfied with this purchase and with the price too ). I installed BIOS update which Chris provided – THANK YOU and did Intel driver update ( found new GPU driver only). I also updated windows to recent version and everything works ok; no driver issues or something else. I tried NOX android emulator; it was running but very slow due to x98 Plus not having Intel Virtualization Technology option in bios, have to try Amiduos but i think the result will be the same, because it also needs Intel VT. I am no expert but for everyday user like me this tablet is great with awesome battery life, for all other IT Gurus out there – you will have to get something better!
    Just my 5 cents to the matter; hope i did not offend anybody.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the post Peter. I ordered the Plus for the same reasons as you. I wanted decent battery life. Some of my favorite games are 5-10 year old titles.

I had a X98 Air 3G ordered but then I saw about the downgrade. Cancelled and ordered the Plus, same price, more RAM, newer model, 64 bit W10.

Looking forward to more posts from you and others as we get them into our greedy hands 🙂

Peter
    Participant

Hi MadMax, like i said great overall for myself and for playing  older games ( 2007-2010 ) it is perfect. Just tested Race Injection – works flawlessly on high screen resolution. Hope you get it soon – you want be dissapointed.

Peter
    Participant

I forgot to tell, first thing i did was reset the system and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings in setings/update and security/recovery since i got account already created by BG. it took forever but i got a fresh start on windows. Also using BT keyboard and wireless mouse. and am waiting for case – got it from aliexpress (Air III case also works since tablet housing is the same). Kept the foil on the screen- using it as a screen protector until one comes out.same goes for back of tablet.also came with foil on.guards from scratching.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not sure if I got this right. I think you are saying that BG used your email ie. Hotmail to boot the tab? I never use a MS login….gone. another good tip!

Peter
    Participant

Account was made by BG or maybe teclast ( user name was p ), probably just to set it up in english or whatever..but windows was already started ( no first option to set it up yourself from scratch – account name,quick or advanced setup options,….just the first steps when you start win for the first time).Everythig was ok and runing but just to be on the safe side o did a full reset.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see you made an edit that your factory reset, november update, intel graphics driver update and new bios update went well and without issues….good news.

How long did the Win 10 update take? It seems others canceled too soon.

Peter
    Participant
    • Update was quick, just as on regular PC/Laptop. Update was found through win update, downloaded and instaled by itself. no problems just like with any other update
    Dag
    Participant

Approximately at what FPS does Cod MW1 run? If it can’t run at 30 or higher I don’t think I’ll be picking this up.

Alain
    Participant

I… and am waiting for case – got it from aliexpress (Air III case also works since tablet housing is the same). Kept the foil on the screen- using it as a screen protector until one comes out.same goes for back of tablet.also came with foil on.guards from scratching.

Can you give us a link to the case as the bezel is different from the rest of the X98 family.. I’m wondering what you purchased.

Peter
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar