Fix for battery problems

Fix for battery problems

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Fix for battery problems

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marc
    Participant

Hi,

This is a fix for people who only have an hour of battery in windows.
    You have to change the critical battery action :
    To change the ‘ Battery-> Critical battery action->’On battery’ setting to “Do nothing” using powercfg.exe
    1.activate the power scheme you want to modify.
    2. open an elevated command console (windows key, type ‘cmd’ in start menu, press “ctrl+shift+enter”, click ‘continue’)
    3.execute “powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0”
    4. your current power scheme will show “Battery-> Critical battery action-> On battery: Do nothing” despite the option being unavailable in the drop box.
    After this, must use the tablet until it turns off (the mine was running at 0% for 3 hours).
    Now we will have to charge up to 100%.
    And voila, 5 hours of battery!
    Note: Do not perform anything critical during the period of 0% (move files, defrag Windows drive, etc) because we can damage the files of the drive.
    Coldreboot
    Participant

powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0

ARnold
    Participant

Thanks. My X98 Pro gives me about 4 hours so will see how much this will help!

Marc
    Participant

powercfg -setdcvalueindex SCHEME_CURRENT SUB_BATTERY BATACTIONCRIT 0

Thanks! I pasted wrong the command.

Now is correct.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Teclast really needs to fix the battery monitoring firmware.  With the cable disconnected my tablet reports that it’s plugged-in all the time, and it has been running for more than 1 hour with the battery indicator at 0%…

I have been studying another bug of the battery control firmware today. After you connect a device to the microUSB port, the tablet switches the port to OTG mode, which is OK. But then it remains on that mode and the tablet does not charge when using the included charger and most other chargers.

It seems that “smart” chargers detect that the port is in that state and do not give power to it. You need a “dumb” powerful charger that gives power to the USB port without checking the state, then it switches to normal state and you can use any charger. For me it works with the charger that came with my OnePlus One and a external battery.  Both rated at 5V 2.1A.

ARnold
    Participant

For me it is not possible to get under 2%….even with Administrator rights…. 🙁

Dim565
    Participant

Has anyone else tried this fix? Really adds ~2 hours? Is battery charged without problems?

Coldreboot
    Participant

Yes, but  you’ll work with empty battery on windows indicator. 1.5-2h. If you control the battery voltage on Aida64, it will be better.

PS: you should decrease Reserved battery level to 0%

Grandizer
    Participant

Where is the reserved battery level setting?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password