Flickering display creators update

Flickering display creators update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker Flickering display creators update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Ruskiromka
    Participant

Has anyone managed to update to windows 1703 ‘CU’ yet?

This laptop was working great until windows 10 updated to version 1703 Creators Update ‘CU.’ Now I get jagged flickering with intermittent static and black screens every few minutes, can get pretty intense and stop or the screen can just go completely black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKlZP2F1Z68&t=18s

Rolling back to the previous version of Windows seems to have solved the problem, at least for now until windows force the update again.

Any thoughts?

sportnok
    Participant

Is this a driver issue perhaps, try settings>recovery>reset this pc.

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Not sure if it is related to the driver or something about the CU update of Windows 10. I’ve rolled back to the previous version and the problem has ceased.

Is anyone else updated to Windows Creators?

Tibor
    Participant

I just recently posted this to your youtube video…:

I have the same notebook and I am not experiencing anything like this even after upgrading to the most up-to-date upgrades from Microsoft. But TBH when I bought it, I immediately reinstalled Windows with full Pro version – the one which came preinstalled on my piece did not had admin account! After such reinstall it runs just perfectly. The only minus is really bad keyboard, but most of the time I am using the external one, though.

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Re-installing Windows has not helped. Oh well, everything else about the laptop is great. It only occurs when it resumes from a sleep state. Maybe related to power to the GPU post resume after the Creators Update.

Prashanth
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve updated and I’m having the same issue.. Did you find a solution for this?</p>

Ruskiromka
    Participant

No I haven’t. I’ve installed latest Intel GPU Drivers and joined the Windows Insider program to get newer builds of windows but the issue persists.

It mostly strikes when the laptop resumes from a sleep state. Cycling back to sleep and awake seems to resolve the issue until it goes to sleep again, although it can happen randomly as well.

Let me know if you can find a solution.

Prashanth
    Participant

I got the laptop just 3 days ago and I’m worried if I should keep it or send it back

Prashanth
    Participant

It got me worried because not everyone is having this issue I wonder if I got the one with defective display

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Well mine was fine before it updated to Creators Update. My thoughts are that it is a driver/windows issue because putting it to sleep again seems to fix it. I’ve already got a full refund on mine so I don’t mind waiting for future drivers/windows updates. If I were you I would return it.

Ruskiromka
    Participant

Another one bites the dust.

Flickering and shacking seems to be a very common fault with the Thinker i35.

Nader
    Participant

I’ve had my thinker for 3 months now, and yesterday was the death of my screen.

It went completely black, no symptoms, no warnings. I can see an outline of my desktop in a pitch black room but otherwise, it’s useless as a laptop.

Do you guys think it could be repaired? Do I need to open up the screen or can the wiring for the diplay be found under the laptop?

Rhydem
    Participant

I experienced such flickering this morning, did this about 4-5 times which was abit worrying. But was fine and stable for the rest of use.

Shall see how it goes

Chris G
    Keymaster

Update to the latest Intel GPU drivers and also check your power saving settings. One of them has been known to cause flickering also on the Surface Book.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay, I’ve decided to do the update on my Thinker i35 too and check. No issues so far, seems I’m good. I am on the latest Intel drivers using there update utility.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password