G-sensor and/or rotation problem (fixed !)

G-sensor and/or rotation problem (fixed !)

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus G-sensor and/or rotation problem (fixed !)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Xiaoh123
    Participant

Hi guys, following this forum for a while, since I decided to go for chinese tablets (x98 Pro and now the Mix Plus), I come to you with a problem.

Just got my tablet and tested it with the chinese Windows, everything was OK, so I did a doubledriver backup and put a fresh windows on it (10.1607). Since then I got the tablet to work fine, found all the drivers and started to put stuff on it until I noticed the screen wouldn’t rotate. I looked for the rotation lock but it wasn’t there as an option, neither was it in the Advanced Display Settings. My touch keyboard won’t pop up when hitting a typing zone.

So far I looked for a driver update, and I have this up ATM :

• Kionix KXCJ9 3-axis accelerometer (1.0.0.12)
    • Kionix Sensor Fusion Device (1.0.28.3)

I went in registry but it looked OK, but in the end, it seems like Windows thinks the device isn’t a tablet (it’s displaying the touch keyboard icon in the tray). Anyone ran into a similar problem ? Could really use the help before I try to reset Windows and try anew.

Xiaoh123
    Participant

Well, I lost my patience after a lot of research, went to soft reset, it works now, but the sensor fusion device is gone..

Edit : it didn’t work in the end, the rotation is gone again, and like the first time, it looks like Windows doesn’t display any options related to rotation, this is puzzling me. I think it’s pretty sure to say it’s not driver-related, it just happens after a few reboots when setting things up.

Xiaoh123
    Participant

Well, finally I found the culprit !

It’s was the Destroy Windows 10 Spying that disabled a sensor-related function in Windows, luckily it allows to fix screen rotation in its options, so after a reboot everything is working as a charm. For those using alternative solutions such as O&O ShutUp10 this appears as an option that can be disabled too, so be careful !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar