Gearbest guarantee is BS! What to do?

Gearbest guarantee is BS! What to do?

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Gearbest guarantee is BS! What to do?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    felince
    Participant

Hi everyone.

Last year I bought several items from Gearbest including several computers and everything was OK except for a Teclast F6 computer that had problems using a secondary monitor, then booting and finally shutting itself down for no reason. As I imagined that it was an electricity problem, I took videos, sent them to customer support and following their recommendation returned the laptop to Hong Kong with my money. This was about six months after purchase.

Now this is when everything starts turning into like a scam to me. I ask if they have received the computer and they say they haven’t. I looked the tracking number and it says “received” (I’m in Japan and they are very efficient). I point this to her and she says to wait ten days. Ten days passed and she says the item cannot be repaired. She offers a 200 USD refund or a refurbished one. I chose the second. Three days later she says they don’t have refurbished laptops and if I want to wait for it to be in stock again after 30 business days. At this point I am beyond mad and asks her to returned my laptop back to me, that I will repair it myself given their inability or unwillingness to be responsible for the laptops they sell.

At this point I think they will send nothing and will use another BS excuse, like the package was lost etc.

What do I do to put some pressure on them so I can have at least my faulty laptop back? They also refused to give me a new one because the 45-day return period was over.

felince
    Participant

This is the last couple of messages that we exchanged. As I expected they will not return the laptop back to me.

What can I do to at least recover it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mr X
    Participant

Did you pay with Paypal because as far as I recall you get up to 9 months to do a chargeback.

felince
    Participant

I didn’t and I regret not having done so. I sent my laptop and they said they couldn’t repair it. Naturally, I demanded my laptop back and they said that they couldn’t send it back because they can’t tell which one was mine among the many returned items. Yes, they effing lost my laptop. After a very long argument with two of their agents, they agreed to send me a new one for 100 USD. So I ended paying 100 USD for the replacement, plus 50 USD for the shipping cost of the faulty one.

Don’t ever return your items to these people if the 45 days of reimbursement have passed, even if they press you to send them to have them repaired. I don’t know what they were intending by saying that they would try to repair it to later said “sorry, we can’t and we also lost it”. Seriously WTF.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar