Gearbest Item Stolen In Transit

Gearbest Item Stolen In Transit

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Gearbest Item Stolen In Transit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Garry Westwell
    Participant

Hi All

I have used Gearbest for many orders and never had any problems until today when my item was delivered to my UK address via British Express Mail (Yodel UK) and the box was empty.

The packaging had been tampered with, opened and then resealed up with tape and the contents (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air) stolen.

I have contacted Gearbest support four times and all I get are stupid replies telling me that shipping times are out of their control. They do not seem to understand that I have got the item but the contents have been stolen.

I have now opened a PayPal dispute and hope to get something done.

This is really sad and very upsetting and PRAY I get my money back…

Anyone know what the chances are, Gearbest already offered me a pityful £80 refund when I paid nearly £500!!

Daniel
    Participant

you will get all money back via Paypal

Chris G
    Keymaster

That’s horrible, touch wood here not had that happen. But I have had tablets arrive DOA and got some cash back from Gearbest and managed to later get it repaired. Paypal should sort you and you’ll get your money back I think, lucky that it was not via Aliexpress then you have zero protection unless you can advise your bank to reserve the credit card transaction or something.

So some bastard got themselves a new notebook, do you think it happened in the UK?

Let us know how you get on.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Garry Westwell
    Participant

Hi Chris

Yes I did get it sorted which was a huge relief.  Gearbest were no use in helping, every time I contacted them all I got back were replies saying that delivery dates where out of their control so clearly there was a language barrier somewhere…

So I contacted Paypal and they in turn opened a dispute and I also had to contact the police fraud department to get a fraud report which I then had to send a copy to Paypal and within a few days I got my money back and re-ordered the item (This time from the UK).

It’s a horrible thing to happen.   I was so excited to get my parcel when it was delivered and when I picked it up it didn’t feel right, and my heart began to skip a beat.  The I opened the package (which incidentally has been resealed badly with lots of tape) and everything was boxed up but as soon as I opened the Xiaomi Notebook box that’s when I felt sick as it was empty….

I can’t honestly say where it could have happened, whether it was en-route from HKG or when it was in the hands of Yodel in the UK.

I have ordered tonnes of stuff from Gearbest and this has never happened before or since but it really does make you feel so sad that there are some horrible thieving scumbags out there that think it’s ok to steal from you like that..

So the motto of my story is either pay with Paypal or with your credit card at least then you have some protection.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great, glad to hear you got your money back. Yes which is why I always prefer to use the sites with Paypal and why I tell others to use them. My experience with gearbest, tinydeal, geekbuying and Banggood with paypal has been all fine with those sites.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Chris Yes I did get it sorted which was a huge relief. Gearbest were no use in helping, every time I contacted them all I got back were replies saying that delivery dates where out of their control so clearly there was a language barrier somewhere… So I contacted Paypal and they in turn opened a dispute and I also had to contact the police fraud department to get a fraud report which I then had to send a copy to Paypal and within a few days I got my money back and re-ordered the item (This time from the UK). It’s a horrible thing to happen. I was so excited to get my parcel when it was delivered and when I picked it up it didn’t feel right, and my heart began to skip a beat. The I opened the package (which incidentally has been resealed badly with lots of tape) and everything was boxed up but as soon as I opened the Xiaomi Notebook box that’s when I felt sick as it was empty…. I can’t honestly say where it could have happened, whether it was en-route from HKG or when it was in the hands of Yodel in the UK. I have ordered tonnes of stuff from Gearbest and this has never happened before or since but it really does make you feel so sad that there are some horrible thieving scumbags out there that think it’s ok to steal from you like that.. So the motto of my story is either pay with Paypal or with your credit card at least then you have some protection.

Hi Chris, this happened to me for my Chuwi Hi12, it was just lost on the way, and I got a full Paypal refund, while Gearbest only want to refund 150 USD after negotiation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar