Gearbest taking pre-orders for 7Xiaomi 12.5" with 8GB RAM. Bullshit right?

Gearbest taking pre-orders for 7Xiaomi 12.5" with 8GB RAM. Bullshit right?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Gearbest taking pre-orders for 7Xiaomi 12.5" with 8GB RAM. Bullshit right?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rien
    Participant

As far as I know Xiaomi only released new version with 7th Gen. Intel core-M processor and an optional SSD upgrade for more storage. 8GB doesn’t seem to be made, so why are these guys taking pre-orders for that? 🙂

filn
    Participant

Xiaomi Air 12.5 with 256gb / 8 RAM and kaby lake for 727 euros.

https://tradingshenzhen.com/xiaomi/915-mi-air-125-zoll-8gb-ram-256gb-ssd-i5cpu.html

Rien
    Participant

Yeahh Gearbest’s prices are outrageous for the higher specs.

But are these higher spec devices even made by Xiaomi? I didn’t find any official announcement about this. And how trustworthy is this trading shenzen.com? And what do you think about that Intel ® Core â„¢ i5 processor / 7Y54 and the heat in the smaller case of the 12.5″ without active cooling? Should be better without that dedicated GPU, right? 🙂

Rien
    Participant

Ok, I just read a few announcements, great ! thanks for sharing Filn 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

I saw it on GB, but that price is ridiculous! I’ve been asked to review it but not sure. Just a chipset upgrade and seems they haven’t really announced it officially yet, have they? Nothing on Xiaomi’s Weibo.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rien
    Participant

Hi Chris

I have checked Xiaomi’s official mainland China site and it’s announced there! So it is official 🙂 But none of the sellers are carrying it yet, besides the one shared by Filn at a €100 more expensive than Xiaomi’s official price. Gearbest’s price is ridiculous indeed 😀 I’m contacting some Aliexpress sellers right now to ask when it would be available and at what price. Fanless and GPU less with 8GB RAM and more storage is what I need ^^

Rien
    Participant

Here you go 😀

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rien
    Participant

And translated and all of them:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay, so it’s legit, thanks for the info. Still not sure I’ll get one, I really like my Mi Notebook Air 12.  But unless BG, GB or one of the retailers can give me a big nice coupon for reviewing it. I’ll not upgrade.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rien
    Participant

Hehe yeah and great to see that you’re still loving it and rocking it !
    Also just saw this: https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/06/new-xiaomi-mi-notebook-air-leak-hints-8gb-ram.html
    😀

Rien
    Participant

And that’s now also official on mi.com mainland China website 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar