GeekBuying now has the Chuwi Hi10… still Z8300 and 4GB of RAM?

GeekBuying now has the Chuwi Hi10… still Z8300 and 4GB of RAM?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi General Discussion GeekBuying now has the Chuwi Hi10… still Z8300 and 4GB of RAM?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Liam
    Participant

So GeekBying now has the Chuwi Hi10 for pre-sale, shipping in Mid-November.

However it’s still listed as having the Atom X5 Z8300 and 4GB of RAM…

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/CHUWI-Hi10-Dual-OS-Win10—Android-5-1-Lollipop-4GB-64GB-Tablet-PC-10-Inch-Intel-Cherry-Trail-Z8300-Quad-Core-1-84GHz-IPS-1920-1080-HDMI-Bluetooth-WiFi—Black-354658.html

According to intel that’s impossible because the Z8300 only supports 2GB of RAM.

I’ve used GeekBuying before and so far they are the only Chinese re-seller I actually trust. They have always shipped me what I ordered in great condition without claiming it needs to be “re-stocked”. I did have one issue with them. Once, they didn’t ship an expensive part of my order. However, they quickly responded to me and sent it out.

This listing concerns me since no re-seller, even trustworthy ones, seem to know if it has the Z8300 of Z8500 or if it will actually have 2GB of RAM or 4GB of RAM.

I would love to wait for this tablet and get it over a Core-M one since it has good performance and 4GB for a much cheaper price. However, if it only has 2GB of RAM I’ll be severely disappointed and waiting for it would have been worthless.

Does anyone know if Chuwi has officially announced this tablet yet or if they plan to soon? It would be nice to know what the actual, verified, specs are…

Jeff
    Participant

Hey Liam,

The page from the link shows a 2GB RAM model. I think they might have changed it. The z8300 doesn’t support 4gb.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chuwi Weibo account (Chinese type twitter page) has only said the Hi10 is coming with Cherry Trail, no confirmed specs yet. So we just have to wait and see. My guess is it has to be the Z8500 if it’s 4GB and maybe there is also a 2GB model with the Z8300.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

BBaker
    Participant

DealsMachine shows same specs?   http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_276664.html
    and shows in stock.

Liam
    Participant

Hey Jeff I just looked at the link and it still says 4 GB of ram.

The top description and the description table show 4 GB.

In one of the short descriptions on the page it says 2 GB so it seems they just randomly threw specs in…

murdic
    Participant

Glanced at a Toshiba Click 10 in a store the other day.  Z8300 and 4Gb, 64-bit Win 10 too.  Intel’s spec page is wrong.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar