Good fast charger for cube mix plus?

Good fast charger for cube mix plus?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Mix Plus Good fast charger for cube mix plus?

• This topic has 44 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Nero.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Drachenherz
    Participant

so, I just got my cube mix plus. loving it so far. but charging takes quite long with the stock charger. so, any recommendations from banggood or gearbest for a faster charger, doesnt matter if usb c or the normal one  it just has to be safe, fast and reliable.

Joachim
    Participant

The Apple 29W Type C charger for the MacBook should work and also should be very fast. But then it is very expensive as well..

Cloppy
    Participant

The Apple 29W Type C charger for the MacBook should work and also should be very fast. But then it is very expensive as well..

That will charge at the same speed as the stock one. The reason I got a 45W Innergie charger was that the stock one looks too cheap (note that it charges at the same speed, since it does not charge at 45W).

Both the stock one and the 45W USB charger take about 2 hours to fully charge the tablet.

Gustavo
    Participant

I’ve bought two of these:

12 V 2.5A 30 W Carregador de Bateria para Tablet Cubo Cubo i7 i9 tablet pc fonte de Alimentação Adaptador para Teclast X1 pro pro X2 X3 Pro
    http://s.aliexpress.com/qu2ymymU
    (from AliExpress Android)

So far, so good. About 2 hours full charge.

Drachenherz
    Participant

Thanks for the tips.
    @Gustavo: I’ll give this Charger you linked to a shot, thanks a lot!

Chris G
    Keymaster

I use an iVolver type-C charger I think it’s 60W and it works great, very fast to charge it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Drachenherz
    Participant

@Chris G: Do usb c chargers work without problems with the cube mix plus?
    You really piqued my interest, especially when there’s stuff around like a mag-safe loon alike usb c charger, like this one:
    https://griffintechnology.com/us/products/cables/usb-c-cables/breaksafe-magnetic-usb-c-power-cable
    Any idea whether this griffin charger would work with the cube mix plus?

Chris G
    Keymaster

That one should work, I don’t see why not. I like my iVolver charger as it charges well and also has 5 USB 5v 2A charging ports too. So I use it for everything when I’m reviewing gear.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Drachenherz
    Participant

@Chris G; @Gustavo:

The iVoler type c 75W unfortunately wasn’t easily available where I am (switzerland), so I went for an anker adaptor:

https://www.anker.com/products/A2053111

I also ordered a USB c 3.1 PD certified cable, to be on the safe side.

Cloppy
    Participant

I use an iVolver type-C charger I think it’s 60W and it works great, very fast to charge it.

Could you please share a screenshot of batterybar charging? I’d like to see the mW it’s charging yours (in one of your i9 videos, IIRC it was charging at less than 15W).

Peter
    Participant

I’m using a Lumsing charger i bought via Amazon, posted it here before: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/charging-with-eh-12-macbook-cahrger/#post-63665

Had to send back another Anker charger before, because it was not charging.
    If it says it charges a 29W MacBook you should be fine I guess.

Jimmy Garcia
    Participant

I just got an iclever for $12.99 (just went up to $14.99) USD that charges at 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 15V/ 2A, 20V/1.5A( Max.30W) via usb C.  This thing is small and very portable which is exactly what I wanted.  It’s about 2 inches by 1 inches.  But this has just 1 port which is usb C.

UPDATE:  Charged the cube from 2% to 100% in 1 hour and 52 minutes.  Less than 2 hour to fully charge the cube is good in my book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZLUIK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also using this 6 foot usb C to C 10 foot cable with the iclever.  The cable is fairly thick seems to be a great quality one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W2RWB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cloppy
    Participant

I just got an iclever for $12.99 (just went up to $14.99) USD that charges at 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 15V/ 2A, 20V/1.5A( Max.30W) via usb C and right now I’m at 77% and with OEM charger it shows 1 hour 21 min to fully charge. But with the iclever it’s 44 min. This thing is small and very portable which is exactly what I wanted. It’s about 2 inches by 1 inches. But this has just 1 port which is usb C. Will post pictures in a bit. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZLUIK8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Also using this usb C to C 10 foot cable with the iclever. The cable is fairly thick seems to be a great quality one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W2RWB8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you mean that the iclever takes 44 minutes to charge the remaining 33%? My original charger takes about 2 hours (full charge), and the same with the innergie 45W charger. I measured the 45W charger using a usb-c pd analyser and it’s running at 20V (at less than 1A with the tablet powered off).

Jimmy Garcia
    Participant

Do you mean that the iclever takes 44 minutes to charge the remaining 33%? My original charger takes about 2 hours (full charge), and the same with the innergie 45W charger. I measured the 45W charger using a usb-c pd analyser and it’s running at 20V (at less than 1A with the tablet powered off).

Yea it said 44 min to charge the rest of the remaining 33%.  But I timed it and it actually fully charged in about 25 min.  I have no tool to really measure the actual voltage output, but based off the 25 min to charge 33% then I can assume it would only take no more than 1 hour and 30 min to charge from 0%.  I’ll test it again to be sure.

It’s back down to 64% battery left so I will recharge and set a 30 min reminder so I can check how much it goes up in 30 min.  The cube is set to sleep in 45 min so during this test it will be on but the screen will be off.

UPDATE:  Looks like it only went up to 90% in 30 min.  So that’s 26% in 30 min.  I’m going to test the OEM charger next.  So with the OEM charger, I only went up 15% in 30 min.  From 67% to 81%.  I’m off work now and will run the same tests again tomorrow but so far it looks like I made a good investment in the iclever.

rafita82
    Participant

Yea it said 44 min to charge the rest of the remaining 33%. But I timed it and it actually fully charged in about 25 min. I have no tool to really measure the actual voltage output, but based off the 25 min to charge 33% then I can assume it would only take no more than 1 hour and 30 min to charge from 0%. I’ll test it again to be sure.

It’s back down to 64% battery left so I will recharge and set a 30 min reminder so I can check how much it goes up in 30 min. The cube is set to sleep in 45 min so during this test it will be on but the screen will be off.

UPDATE: Looks like it only went up to 90% in 30 min. So that’s 26% in 30 min. I’m going to test the OEM charger next. So with the OEM charger, I only went up 15% in 30 min. From 67% to 81%. I’m off work now and will run the same tests again tomorrow but so far it looks like I made a good investment in the iclever.

You should measure the charge time from 0% to 100% because the time to charge the first 20% (starting at 0%) of the battery is probably not the same as to charge the last 20% (starting at 80%) of the battery.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password