Google Play Services Play Store on V919 dual boot with Android 5.1 anybody??

Google Play Services Play Store on V919 dual boot with Android 5.1 anybody??

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda v919 Air CH / Air 3G Discussion Google Play Services Play Store on V919 dual boot with Android 5.1 anybody??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Apparently it’s impossible to install Google Play Services and Google Play Store on Onda V919 Dual Boot CH with Android 5.1 \Win10 installed (64gb model with either 2gb or 4gb ram)

Has anybody managed to sideload it? Where did you get the compatible Google APK?

Yes
    Participant

Hi ,

I have the same issue. I try to install a lot of Play store APK and google services APK. It’s better when  I install both google service APK and play store APK but app crash after first page (google service crash)

Did you find another solution?

Thanks

Henry Yip
    Participant

I am having the same problem, i install google playstore but it just will not start

Yes
    Participant

Someone find a solution or the good version of APK ?

Victor
    Participant

Here http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=389436537#category/type=0 the new firmware version V919 AIR CH 双系统android固件(V7版本)-20160429, Android 5.1 yet. Revolutionary in it nothing, but there are pre gappsy. More at the same time adjust the screen brightness tweaked. Binary file “su” (as in the previous version) present in the system, but the question is about activating root-access remains open (in the previous version, I integrated su/SuperSU directly in the image, in this case, did the same).

After installing Android will have to reinstall Windows!

Henry Yip
    Participant

does the googlplay work with new firmware does anyone know

Costas Santamas
    Participant

Install aptoid application and use it instead of google play store. Most of the applications will run. Still not possible to add a google account and run some google application.

Juan
    Participant

I have Onda v919 ch dual still sitting on my desk collecting dust. Went with Teclast x98  plus dual but no help here as much as I wanted. Although Teclast (4gb RAM) comes with android 5.1 and GAPPS installed and all works fine in Android, there are issues in Windows.

So while the 2gb RAM version of Onda sucks with Android ……..(overheating battery like NUTS sporadically whenever it pleases, thermal events and drains battery in matter of 3-4 hours, battery charging horribly slow and slower than Teclast thats for sure)…….. the windows portion of Onda worked really nicely (absolutely no issues, flawless).

So I got myself Teclast in hope I score bingo, but Teclast has issues with blue screens (random, mostly at shut down and sometimes at boot up …. Quacks like duck so is probably duck….  Likely hardware, driver compatibility ).

Issues with Teclast start the moment you update Windows 10 newer release (not just cumulative patch).

All Chinese tablets have quality control problems, they rush releasing them because everybody else does, if they don’t they are out of the numbers game.

Another problem with Teclast is it doesn’t like to boot easily. Problem started after Windows update. Pressing button shows charging logo. Doesn’t seem to have to do with 50% minimum charge in my case. If I have charger plugged, it refuses to boot. If I unplug charger it boots successfully and after the boot menu I can plug in the charger back with no problem. Very odd.

Teclast – android side so far so good.

So here we go. Based on my experience these two tablets offere nearly identical you-get-what-you-pay-for experience.

Personallu I like the Onda v919 CH design better, looks a bit more stylish.

But if you are like me – looking for 4 gb RAM (rather than 2gb) the fact Onda doesn’t have Google apps is certainly deal breaker.

Oh well. I realized I was doing review on Onda and ended up bashing Teclast as well, save myself time 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had blue screen issues on Teclast which were not present on Onda.. Uninstalled/reinstalled various drivers and disabled the power saving feature of the Intel processor seems solved the blue screen issue. Still the tablet was rebooting sporadically, but I tweaked a few things and now seems stable and no issues. So Teclast at last, works fine now and I hope it can last.

I still like the Onda v919 Ch design way more than any other Chinese tablet. The v919 is gorgeous design, I would change to Onda all hands down if not the issues with hardware. The design is very well thought through and it’s almost 100 gram lighter than Teclast x98 plus, never mind shorter battery life.

Teclast feels like aluminium slab. Not pleasant to hold at all at its weight. Sharp edges.

anyways, Onda v919 Ch Dual Boot 64gb **is NOW** available in 4gb with Win10 and a android 5.1 AND GOOGLE PLAY preinstalled on eBay. I’m wondering if somebody can review real life experience with Android 5.1 on it. In particular I’m interested to know how is the battery life and charging on this one. (Android 4.4 sucked big time.. See previous comments).

if Onda nailed it this time I wouldn’t mind to move from Teclast to Onda once again and give it a try. Boy i envy the Onda design.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar