Got the i9 yesterday – what I've done so far & Q?

Got the i9 yesterday – what I've done so far & Q?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Got the i9 yesterday – what I've done so far & Q?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Hi All

Never considered chancing  a purchase of a chinese me-too 2 in 1 before I saw the review on TechTablets. I then saw a deal for the tablet and keyboard for $470 (about 360 sterling) and decided to give it a try.

So far so good. It was quick to set up a new account, add a few programs and configure it to access my google accounts, etc.

But I do have a few questions I’m hoping others can answer.

1. Is it worth reinstalling windows? I just added my own account to the existing Win10 install, added a few programs and it’s left me with 100GB on the SSD.
    2. I’ve seen mention of th BIOS – is there a safe way to access and update this… do I even need to?
    3. What Micro SD cards do people recommend as a safe bet? I was considering a 64 or 128GB card to store all my files and using the main SSD for the OS/programs
    4. Now I have my own administrator account is it safe to remove the original admin account that was on the tablet? (The one called ‘cube’ Local Account, Administrator)
    5. How do I temporarily disable the touchpad on the keyboard as I seem to be bringing up the windows start menu when typing quite a bit?

thanks for any tips/advice.

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

Congrats on the Cube i9. Not a bad tablet, one of my favorites. To answer your questions:

1. Not worth it, often it can create problems, mostly if you did a fresh install.
    2. Only update the bios if you have issues, it’s a risk to flash any bios be it PC, tablets or laptops it’s always a risk.
    3. I use a Samsung 128GB card, works fine, but not at full speeds. So I wouldn’t bother getting the fastest one out there. I recommend the Samsung 64GB Evo or any Samsung MicroSD over other brands as they have given me less issues. Both my 128GB and 64GB Sandisks have failed on me requiring replacements.
    4. Yes safe to remove
    5. There is a key short to disable the trackpad Fn + F11 will disable it. I find the gestures a pain so disable mine.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Hi Chris

Thanks for the responses. I did find this info too, which is what was making me wonder about the BIOS update….

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/cube-i9-t3342113

Cheers

Ralph

Chris G
    Keymaster

If you do flash it, make sure you have plenty of battery. Any cuts in power will result in a dead tablet.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

Thanks for the tip.

I have downloaded the latest custom Cube i9 BIOS update from XDA Developers — version 2.6 — I presume it’s just a case of running this and following the prompts?

Cheers

Ralph

Ralph Averbuch
    Participant

I use a Samsung 128GB card, works fine, but not at full speeds. So I wouldn’t bother getting the fastest one out there. I recommend the Samsung 64GB Evo or any Samsung MicroSD over other brands as they have given me less issues. Both my 128GB and 64GB Sandisks have failed on me requiring replacements.

Chris thanks for that suggestion. I’ve ordered the 64GB Samsung Evo microSD. Hopefully that will do the trick…

Cheers

Ralph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar