Guide – converting X80 Pro to Windows 10 only

Guide – converting X80 Pro to Windows 10 only

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series Guide – converting X80 Pro to Windows 10 only

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I just converted my X80 Pro (E6E9) tablet from Android-Windows to Windows only, and since there’s a lot of confusion around I’ll explain how I did it. It was much easier than I thought.

1-Backup your drivers. Use Double Driver and save the folder to SD card/USB stick.
    These should also work  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1etDzJfum8kjHXwCEWDfVFsQE1iJF3B91
    It’s still better if you backup your own drivers.
    1b-If you want to backup your Windows 10 serial number (not necessary), install Speccy, run it and choose Operating System on the left.
    2-Get a 8GB USB stick and using Windows Media Creation Tool make a bootable Windows 10 64bit stick (choose generic device).
    2b-Rename the USB stick “WINPE”. Not sure about this, but I did it anyway, it costs you nothing.
    3-Get a USB HUB. You’ll need to connect a mouse, keyboard and the Windows 10 USB stick.
    4-Turn off the tablet. Turn it on and keep pressing DEL key, you’ll enter the BIOS.
    5-Go to Save and Exit tab, under boot override choose the USB stick.
    6-Installation of Windows will start. Choose advanced, delete all partitions, one by one, until none are left. Do not create one, Windows will do it automatically.
    7-Install, it will take about 30 mins.
    8-Initial configurations. The tablet may turn off a couple times. Dunno why it happens, just turn it back on and continue.
    9-Once you get to the desktop, open device manager and install all the drivers. Right click an unknown device, update driver, choose your driver folder. Do this for all devices.
    10-Reboot as necessary.
    11-Connect to the internet and do all Windows automatic updates.
    12-No need to move any TouchSetting.gt file. I don’t know why other guides state so, I didn’t need to do it. Everything will already work, including touch and rotation.

Done!

Hope this helps.

Artifixprime
    Participant

Most of this worked for me, but the display adapter isn’t showing up in device manager – i.e. no Intel HD option, only the generic one.

Did you have this problem too?

Marc
    Participant

Hello Artifixprime,

>the display adapter isn’t showing up in device manager – i.e. no Intel HD option, only the generic one

I was the same for me, but as I had saved all the drivers with double driver I have been able to install back the display driver.

Installing the display driver had a side effect to me :

As I want to retreive my tablet the the app I am cusrently using when power up, I did what was necessary to set-up correctly the Hibernate function that I trigger with the power button. But in hibernation, the tablet drew current on the batteries and emptied them. After some researches I discovered that the display driver was responsible for that. The most  recent driver that I found for this hardware in some Asus driver package did not solve the issue. I had to goback to generic driver to solve hibernation issue. Drawback : I have no more control on brightness of the screen…

If somebody has found a solution for this, I am interested.

John
    Participant

Most of this worked for me, but the display adapter isn’t showing up in device manager – i.e. no Intel HD option, only the generic one. Did you have this problem too?

Sorry for the late response.

You need to do Windows update for that.

Joe
    Participant

I followed a guide similar to this on youtube.  Was not a guide for the x80 pro yet everything worked.  No more android just a lot more room for Windows.  Very happy with the result because dual boot does not work if you want to keep windows updated.

John
    Participant

Yeah exactly. After installing all updates I still have like 10 GB free on C:.

Marc
    Participant

Hello John,

I followed your advice too an italien solved my problem with hibernate too, thank you.

Everything is fine except the fact that I still have the OS selection screen at stratup that seems  to come from the bios. Any solution about that ?

John
    Participant

Yeah that happens to me too, no idea how to remove it. But it’s not a big deal, really.

Marc
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

After a week away from my tablet I realised that the battery had been emptied in Hibernate mode.

Finally, updating W10 was not the solution. Back to the generic driver the problem disapeared again.

If anyone uses Hibernate on this nice little tablet and find a suitable driver that get rid of this issue, I am interested by the information.

kevinbolt
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I got my X80 Pro yesterday and it came with a pre-installed chinese username on the windows partition, nice!

With windows recovery I performed a full reset, (including other partitions, namely android) and it reached 81%, 3 hours later, no change. Tried again, same problem.

The tablet will now only boot into windows recovery so I have downloaded a Windows 10 ISO, put it onto a Rufus formatted USB (UEFI) and got to the initial setup screen (plugged in a hub with usb/keyboard/mouse).

After selecting the language I am told that the drivers are nowhere to be found so I have just downloaded the ones from @John, thanks btw, and I am now waiting for the pad to charge fully once more before trying again.

If anyone has any other tips or tricks to assist at this stage, they will be gratefully received as I am slowly but surely running out of options!

Many thanks,

Kev

kevinbolt
    Participant

Hi again,

I’ve managed to do a complete fresh install of windows 10 on the X80 Pro but half of the devices are not installed. In Device Manager I have 17 unknown devices including the touchscreen and network card (no wifi either!)

Any pointers would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Kev

John
    Participant

Hi again, I’ve managed to do a complete fresh install of windows 10 on the X80 Pro but half of the devices are not installed. In Device Manager I have 17 unknown devices including the touchscreen and network card (no wifi either!) Any pointers would be much appreciated, Thanks, Kev

Step 9 of my guide.

Klinkó
    Participant

Dear John!

In 2018, you shared the image of windows 10 for a techlast x80pro tablet on the forum at techtablets.com.
    Unfortunately, this is no longer available.
    I would really need the image you share.
    I would like to ask if you could somehow make the file shared with me available at that time?
    Thanks to:
    Zsolt

Teodoro De Netto
    Participant

Hello, sorry for the late reply, but it is normal that is very slow to install? Like to make 90% more than 1h. And shut down at 98% for the battery.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar