July 3, 2016 at 4:34 pm #42555tuleggiParticipant
- Posts: 11
since it took me some time/reading/doubts before succeeding I post here a very simple guide for those of you who would like to have the max from the x98 teclast in Windows (I have a A6C9, but the same is applicable to other models).
Basically installing everything without a Hub/usb or a keyboard.
- First download the latest official version here: http://www.teclast.com/tools/pad/pad.php?t=p
- you simply add your model number, in my case A6C9
- you will then arrive to a “horrible” baidu website (http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXTtxgS ) where in theory for downloading you need to register, and it is not always working. So here the solution is to download http://jdownloader.org/ and install it in your PC
- then run jdownloader and copy the http address of baidu folder (http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXTtxgS ). Look at the address, sometime it is too long and it will not work, it should be quite short, like mine. You can now press start in jdownloader to start the download of all files of baidu website without the need of registering!
- then Format FAT32 a 32Gb USB stick and put the name of your usb stick “WINPE” (important!)
- unzip (http://7-zip.org/ ) the downloaded Windows 10 teclast edition and copy it to your usb key and connect it your your X98 with the simple cable provided by Teclast
- look for the file name “wimpart.txt” and replace it with this one https://mega.nz/#!mAhXzSIK!iGAV-a8hy2N8G1s9Gy1Z96bILS147slzPCGkF269aKg (if you do not want have only W10, and you want to keep Android, then you simple ignore this step 4).
- make sure that you have at least 60% of battery (better full) and then in Windows10 go to Settings–>Update and Security–>Recovery–>restart now. Then you select Troubleshooting–>start UEFI
- You are now into the BIOS and you in “OS IMGE ID” you select “Windows”. Then from the bios menu “Save & Exit” you select your USB key from the section “Boot Override”.
And its done!!
Now are you installing the latest official W10 from Teclast without any keyboard (with no problems of drivers etc.), full use of the 60GB and you are happy 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.