Has anyone tried putting a new wifi card in?

Has anyone tried putting a new wifi card in?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Has anyone tried putting a new wifi card in?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JoeyDee
    Participant

Title says it all. I will buy this thing in a heartbeat if I can put an Intel 5ghz ac card in it for WiDi and better Steam Streaming…

Chris G
    Keymaster

You mean in the LTE slot a M.2 Wireless AC card like an intel one? No haven’t tried it yet sorry. Not sure if I will.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

JoeyDee
    Participant

Yeah. It would be great if the wifi chip was on a removable card, but it sounds builtin to the board. Having those dual mini pci express slots sounds super nice for adding LTE/better wifi or upgrading the ssd…

Jason
    Participant

I’m not really familiar with m.2 modules and the different types but would something like this be appropriate?

http://www.amazon.com/7260NGW-Intel%C2%AE-Wireless-AC-802-11ac-Bluetooth/dp/B00GUNZUG

Lars Johnsen
    Participant

The available M.2 slot is B-keyed, but the card you’re linking to is A+E keyed.

Apo
    Participant

Hi ail,

Tank you lars for your comment.

Does someone could you tell me how to get the Key of a M.2 slot.

And do you know if there is an adaptator available to change the Key of This kind of slot?

Please forgive m’y english

Bonnom
    Participant

You can find it on wikipedia. There is a comparison picture at the bottom of the page.
    Compare the picture to the motherboard M.2 slot. You can clearly see that the cube i9 is a B connector.
    But correct me if I’m wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M.2

Apo
    Participant

Thank you very much BONNOM

Mohsin
    Participant

hi, What about this 1, Its dual band according to description. and Cheap too.

Wifi Card

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar