Has Xiaomi surpassed Cube/Alldocube in quality control and innovation?

Has Xiaomi surpassed Cube/Alldocube in quality control and innovation?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Has Xiaomi surpassed Cube/Alldocube in quality control and innovation?

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hualalai
    Participant

A year ago, among Shenzen tablet manufacturers, Cube (nka Alldocube because of trademark issues in China) was the undisputed leader in quality control, and (in most screen sizes) in innovation.  It appears that Cube/Alldocube has lost its “muchness” to Xiaomi, both in QC and innovation.  Cube’s notebook product lines (iWorks and Thinker) are outclassed (competitive now only in having a lower price) by the Xiaomi  notebook product lines (Air, and Pro).  In tablets, Alldocube’s Freer X9 is at least competitive with the Mi Pad 3 (released April 2017), but a year late and still on Android 6 (Chuwi’s comparable Hi9 is Android 7 and priced lower).  Factor in Huawei’s new Media Pad 5, and Alldocube is starting to look like Alldonecube.

Chris G
    Keymaster

They are definitely slipping, the Thinker i35 was their best, but ever since the name change to ALLdoCube from Cube or Cube51 nothing exciting. But I do have the Knote 8 on the way, 8GB of RAM, Core M3-7Y30 version of the Knote and fully laminated. The new keyboard is backlit too. But the lack of stylus support and no full-sized USB 3.0 port remains a let down.

So they are slipping alright. Xiaomi products are superior by far.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar