Have newer batches been fixed?

Have newer batches been fixed?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Have newer batches been fixed?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Doc_152
    Participant

I’m considering the Hi8 Pro, but the heap of issues is putting me off. Have those of you who bought them recently received fu tional tablets or are there still major issues with them?

ArnovH
    Participant

I believe that dealers still have a lot of stock of the old batches. If u look at the prices on banggood.

The HI8 pro: €71

The HI8: €85

esjay
    Participant

I would go for teclast x80 variants. Similar device, no complaints seen on the internet.

ArnovH
    Participant

The problem with the teclast is that the speaker is of low quality. It sounds flat and doesn’t get loud.

Chris has a video were four 8 inch tablets are compared, and there you can hear how bad it is.

here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owi9XfoT4rM

ArnovH
    Participant

I was thinking about getting the Chuwi HI8 because it’s the same model and I don’t use the camera’s and an older version of android is no problem for me. But then I read about the device shutting down and not capable of powering on anymore (see hi8 section)

RushFz
    Participant

Yes and new problem,

new problem occur at battery calibration where same problem on chuwi 12 also can be seen one of chris video. sadly. let just hope chuwi fix it.

Doc_152
    Participant

Yes and new problem, new problem occur at battery calibration where same problem on chuwi 12 also can be seen one of chris video. sadly. let just hope chuwi fix it.

Oh splendid. It has the same issue i sent my Hi12 back for… Amazing quality…

Mike
    Participant

In Windows I have had the sleep of death hit once or twice.  But that’s the only issue I’ve had.  No power related issues after the first initial charge.

Anthony Witham
    Participant

Hi Doc_152,

I purchased a dual boot Hi8 Pro from Banggood which arrived on the 28thg May serial, 5080. I mainly use Windows 10 not Android.

I have a Samsung 128GB Micro SDcard class 10 which I install programs onto due to the limited internal space.

I do not have any wake up or boot up problems with this device. I have had the problem with charging not stopping and showing 99%, but not every time I charge it.

I have connected the following:

• USB 2 hub (from Bangood) with USB C adaptor. Will not charge even though charging light flashes battery still drains. USB flash drives, Keyboard/Mouse work
    • USB 3 hub. Battery stays at the same level but does not  charge the unit. USB flash drives, Keyboard/Mouse work, wireless Keyboard/Mouse works.

I have additional USB hub and adaptors on order to see if I can get a model that charges as well as operating with USB devices.

I cannot vouch for all the current production, but my model seems fine, I may just have got a good one.

Regards

Anthony.

Vedran
    Participant

In Windows I have had the sleep of death hit once or twice. But that’s the only issue I’ve had. No power related issues after the first initial charge.

That is excellent news. It would seem Chuwi silently fixed something that Win10 only users still suffer from.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar