HDMI through typeC

HDMI through typeC

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series HDMI through typeC

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Denis
    Participant

Hi everybody,

I want to buy MiPad 2, but I need to be able to connect my tablet to external monitor or TV through hdmi cable. I’ve read in the review that Chris has a problem with that. Had anybody managed to connect their tablet to external monitor? Or its general problem of MiPad 2?

Denis
    Participant

Bad new for those who want to use cable to connect to HDMI. The user from another forum asked xiaomi support about MHL in mipad 2

“Please kindly note that Mi Pad 2 only support OTG function with the Type-C cable,
    kindly understand that if you want to use other type cables to connect the Type-C cable, then connect the device, it might not support it.
    Kindly note that Mi Pad 2 doesn’t support MHL function, thank you for your kind understanding and support with us.”

TC
    Participant

That’s a shame it won’t output MHL.

You should be able to connect wirelessly to a monitor/TV via a miracast/chromecast dongle. I have an Mi pad windows  on order and this is what I plan to do. I already have chromecast so simples.

Tom.

JoeyDee
    Participant

Has anyone done some more thorough testing to see if it’s really a usb 3.0 connection? If so DisplayLink usb 3.0 docks should work fine…

otinanai
    Participant

First of all, I believe that many adaptors like usb c to hdmi doesn’t work well, I have seen that even an official usb c to hdmi adaptor from Dell doesn’t work on a compatible Dell device. So don’t lose  hope.

@JoyDee I think that the device manager says : USB 3 drivers , but the speeds are USB2

@Chris
    can you try this : System Compatibility Check Tool

http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/544297-is-my-windows-computer-compatible-with-displaylink

If it is compatible maybe we can use a usb to hdmi adapter to connect to TV

Chris G
    Keymaster

@otinanai It passes the check. And when I insert my latest Hub that has a HDMI port on it, Windows says something about improving the USB connection for DisplayLink and this it goes. I guess we have some hope here.

Also if I turn off the Mi Pad 2 and then insert my hub with power it will power the Mi Pad and let me use the USB 3 port (at usb 2 speeds) The bios is locked down and I can’t see any USB settings. So at least, we have power and USB. If the HDMI could work, that would be awesome.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Steven
    Participant

<!–more–>The AOSP ROM that I loaded has HDMI Settings.  I don’t have a USB-C HDMI adapter so I can’t test it out.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Steven
    Participant

double post

TC
    Participant

My device manager shows USB controllers as Intel (R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller – 1.0 (Microsoft)

Shouldn’t this mean its USB 3?

Tom.

Harold Schwab
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thank you for all of your hard work and contributions to the knowledge base for this product. You mentioned in an earlier post:

“Also if I turn off the Mi Pad 2 and then insert my hub with power it will power the Mi Pad and let me use the USB 3 port (at usb 2 speeds) The bios is locked down and I can’t see any USB settings. So at least, we have power and USB. If the HDMI could work, that would be awesome.”

I have need to charge at the same time as using a usb device. I have tried several splitters, etc. and have not had any luck doing both charging and usb io. What hub device are you using?  I assume that you first connect the usb device and charger to the hub, then plug the hub into the mi pad, then power on the tablet. Is this correct?

Thank you,

Hal

Patrick Huet
    Participant

Hi Chris

Have you made any further progress with connecting the Mi Pad 2 to an external monitor via HDMI after the Display Link confirmation? What hub are you using please? I am looking for a USB Type-C hub with powered delivery that will charge my tablet and power external USB devices at the same time.

Many thanks for your hard work which helped me buy the Mi Pad 2.

enkor
    Participant

any one have any progress on it ? Im thinking about buying win10 version, but this is crucial for me.

Chris G
    Keymaster

any one have any progress on it ? Im thinking about buying win10 version, but this is crucial for me.

No gave up, seems it is not working or not enabled. Best to view it has not working, just for charging and data.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rey Baguio
    Participant

Hi

Has anyone connected their Mipad 2 Windows wirelessly through Miracast?

Thank you.

Luis
    Participant

Yes with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.

And works perfectly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar