Heating after Thermal Mod

Heating after Thermal Mod

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Heating after Thermal Mod

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Frumentius 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mshayanh13
    Participant

After thermal mod, the back case gets very hot. Is this normal? Any way to avoid this?

Or is there a case that I can use (in which the keyboard can still be used)?

Likoum
    Participant

The thermal mod is meant to bring more heat to the tablet casing, to better cool the inside, so indeed the tablet will feel warmer to the hand while dissipating more heat.

Chris G
    Keymaster

After thermal mod, the back case gets very hot. Is this normal? Any way to avoid this? Or is there a case that I can use (in which the keyboard can still be used)?

Yes, that is the point of it, transfer heat to the rear casing to lower the CPU temp and improve performance. I always mentioned this that the outer casing heat will increase as a result, but the trade off I feel is well worth it.

It would only get really, really hot when pushed for long periods like gaming or encoding video.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

mshayanh13
    Participant

So, is there a case I can buy that will fit the tablet?

Frumentius
    Participant

Yes it’s is the same for me, the back case get significantly hotter than ever before, but the CPU temp drops only 13-14 C (From 94 to 81). So I guess ill lower the performance a bit o achive 70’s max temp.

For leather case I’m using this one. http://www.banggood.com/Folding-Stand-PU-Leather-Case-For-Cube-I7-Stylus-Tablet-p-993134.html. It says i7 stylus but it also fit perfectly for the i7 book.

mshayanh13
    Participant

Does it fit with the keyboard?

http://www.banggood.com/Folding-Stand-PU-Leather-Case-For-Cube-I7-Stylus-Tablet-p-993134.html

Ben
    Participant

No, it will not

Frumentius
    Participant

@mshayanh13 unfortunately no, it’s only for the tablet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password