Help – Teclast F7 Plus will not turn on – No Support found

Help – Teclast F7 Plus will not turn on – No Support found

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Help – Teclast F7 Plus will not turn on – No Support found

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I just started using my new F7 Plus which I bought 3 months ago, and it stopped after about 3 days of trouble free use.  Now there is a one second flash of the power light after the power button has been pressed for a long time.  No screen activity on power-on, just the short 1 sec flash of the power light.  I have tried contacting the seller on Aliexpress (Teclast Direct) and Teclast via Facebook, and Teclast via email, but have had no response to any of my messages.

I have tried disconnecting the battery, discharging via pressing power and reconnecting.  No change.

I have removed and replaced the SSD.  No change.

Replaced the power adaptor.  I have a F7 with the same adaptor.  No change.

I have tried weird power on key combinations.

I have searched for support info – there is none, not even drivers.

There appears to be zero support for this product.

Any suggestions?  Is there a secret email I can send to?

Thanks,

Ronan

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I have been trying to get help from Teclast for over a month.   There is absolutely NO support available.  Can anyone help?  This is going to landfill after 2 days of use!!   Buyer beware

Armindo Carvalho Ferreira
    Participant

Hello Ronan.

After you disconnect the battery, you must press the power at least 40 seconds.

It saved my teclast F7.

I am using it now

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I have pressed the power button for even longer, and just reopened it again and repeated the process.  The screen never powers on, and I just get a power light one second flash on every second long push of the power button.  Teclast Official store offers no meaningful support.  They could try to identify which part is needed, but that is not happening.  They ask “Are there are repair shops in your country dear friend?”

Participant

Try to disconnect the battery, the SSD and the display cable, then press the power button 45 seconds.

Mine wasn´t turning on and after disconnect  ssd and some cables, press the power button (45 seconds),  it worked.

When it turns on, it will prompt for the disc.

Turn off the Teclast, connect all.

After that it will turn on.

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I have tried every disconnect like this.  Even long term disconnect.  There is no physical damage.  There is some type of power turn on error code, which should help support, but they would not help.  I sent this laptop back to Techlast 2 months ago, but there is no update on tracking for 6 weeks or so.  Might be lost now, but I will give it a few more months.  Mailing cost was $109 to return this $400 laptop with all packing and insurance.  There is no support from this vendor.  Buyer beware.  All products need some support, it seems Teclast does not believe in their product enough to offer any support.

Participant

One problem that is normal in Teclast:

The SSD M.2

The SSD used is the cheapest on the market.
    It may have been a problem with the SSD.

Easily resolved by replacing it with a better one.

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

Yes, SSD can be a problem, but check to see if the laptop is powering on.  If it does not power on, then the SSD is not likely the problem.  Also an SSD can be tested.  If the power light flashes for a second only, and there is never any power to the screen, then SSD is not likely the problem for a  no power up situation.  If your laptop does more starting, then check the SSD.

Edoardo
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same problem on my F7 (normal version,not Plus). I hit the power button it lights up for a second and nothing happens,black screen.

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I found no support, but tried the reset, disconnecting etc.  I mailed my Laptop back to Teclast in February 2020 at a cost of $97 for surface insured.  As of June 2020, 4 months later, it is still in transit.  Sending the laptop back to Teclast  has not been successful yet.

Ronan

Ronan O’Byrne
    Participant

I sent my Teclast F7Plus laptop back to China at a cost of $100.  It has been 4 months in transit.  Teclast refused the shipment and so it is now on the way back to my garbage can here in Canada.  Please do not even consider this company for any purchase.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    STEPH RONRON
    Participant

I bought 2 laptops Teclast F7 plus on Amazon for my kids and after 1 year got exactly the same problem than you on both laptops! $800 to the trash!!!!

When I hit the power button it lights up for a second and then turn definitely OFF.

I wrote to Amazon and they answered that they don’t work anymore with Teclast so I had to manage it directly with them but Teclast does NOT have any customer service at all and don’t want to fix the problem.

I swapped the power adaptor, the battery, the SSD, tried to reset everything, pushing the power button several minutes and no change.

Sometimes, after a couple of days/weeks without doing anything, one of the laptop starts again but stops again after few seconds.

Does anyone found a solution to fix this problem?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar