Help with external hard drive

Help with external hard drive

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Help with external hard drive

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dal Dal 1 hour, 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vera
    Vera
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a prowd owner of an i7 book. Unfortunately I am having problems connecting my seagate 1TB slim harddrive . I connect the HD with the USB port in the keyboard.

After a long wait windows recognizes the HD. However, when trying to open files it freezes constantly.

Is there any solution for this probleem?

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Bouke
    Bouke
    Participant

Hello,

In my experience you’re better off using the usb3 cable delivered with the laptop, not only will it be much faster (the keyboard uses USB2 I thought), I also think it is better able to power the drive this way. Don’t ask me why but this is from personal experience with the tablet

Profile photo of Jason Dessenberg
    Jason Dessenberg
    Participant

I am not sure what type of USB the Keyboard has.  However connecting to the USB 3.0 port on the tablet is much faster.  I am not sure this is going to resolve your issue though.  File should open from either USB port.

Profile photo of Dal
    Dal
    Participant

Did you try using the HDD on other laptop/PC?

I always connect my 1TB seagate on the keyboard USB and never have any problem.

Profile photo of Vera
    Vera
    Participant

Thank you for the replies!

Ill try with the connector cable that came with the tablet and see if that works.

I can use the HDD without any problems on other laptops..

Profile photo of Dal
    Dal
    Participant

If your HDD has a DC in port, try using it to add power. I don’t think power is the problem, but it’s worth a shot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password