Hi10 Air bricked after changing BIOS settings – how to reset?

Hi10 Air bricked after changing BIOS settings – how to reset?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi10 Discussion Hi10 Air bricked after changing BIOS settings – how to reset?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Yuu
    Participant

Title. I changed a few settings in the bios of my Hi10 Air (RAM frequency and allocated iGPU memory iirc), and now it won’t work.

When I plug in the charger, even the LED on the tablet itself won’t flash. If I try to turn it on, the power LED on the attachable keyboard blinks, and that’s it.

Tehfrag
    Participant

I did the same thing changing ram frequently.

Plug in a USB keyboard, hold power for 13 seconds if not more. Make sure its charged. Then power it one pressing esc on the keyboard, it should reset the bios to defaults. This unbricked mine.
    Only setting you should mess with is vram size, 256mb max.
    Yuu
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to work… tried it with the attachable keyboard and a USB one. I suppose holding it for 13 seconds is to shut it down in case it is turned on? Holding ESC while booting it does nothing sadly…

Also, do you know if this thing comes apart easily? I bought a CH341A BIOS reprogrammer thingy, so maybe I can reflash the BIOS that way.

Tehfrag
    Participant

I was holding escape while trying to power it on, kinda surprised it worked. Only settings I messed with were Ram frequency and vram size. It reset both settings when it did finally come back to life again.

Andy
    Participant

Did the method above work? I’m in the same situation.

Daniel
    Participant

Man I’m in the same situation, got it for my son, saw the RAM was running just at 1066, put it to Auto and increased VRAM, as I usually do on all intel devices, and shit its bricked, and wont boot, wrote to CHUWI will see if they respond

Yuu
    Participant

I had to send mine back to CHUWI. They charged $45 and wiped everything from the tablet.

Your best bet would be to get a CH341A reprogrammer (cheap on ebay), download the BIOS from CHUWI’s website, open up the tablet and reflash it.

Daniel
    Participant

Flashing the BIOS is not what I really want to do, if I screw up it totally kills the warranty, ok if there even is any… I wrote to Chuwi and will wait for the response, ordering the reprogrammer is my  last resort 🙂

Tehfrag
    Participant

Did you try the BIOS reset procedure with a keyboard in my 2nd post?

Yuu
    Participant

Yes, I did. I tried pretty much everything I could find on the internet.

Daniel
    Participant

Yes, tried all of the web advises, power button hold, Ecs, volume button etc. nothing works, usually intel BIOS if screwed up,  it freezes during boot, or has artifacts, but becoming totally bricked is really strange. I might need to look for someone who has experience with flashing BIOS, might be cheaper to sending it back, but to be honest I’m very disappointed with Chuwi, I wanted to buy one additional laptop from them, but I will not touch Chuwi again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password