Hi12 Keyboard is Breaking the Tablet !

Hi12 Keyboard is Breaking the Tablet !

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Hi12 Keyboard is Breaking the Tablet !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Guy
    Participant

Hey,

Wanted to share with you my experience with the Hi12 tablet, Just by the 2 months mark after I received it.

at first it was ok, had some Wifi issues from the start but not a big deal, then the keyboard recognition problems got started as well, ok… a bit annoying but not a big deal as well.

but then I noticed that just by closing and opening the tablet while mounted to the keyboard, the entire lower area (where the mounting pins located) is getting seperated, I could push it back and continue with my work but I started asking my self ‘is this really the build quality for this tablet?’.

then I noticed a small crack in the screen, coming directly out of the left mounting pin, then it got bigger and bigger until it filled the screen and the touch stopped working.

You can have a look in the video I made to show the problem to the seller:

I really wasn’t expecting having to deal with all that stuff, having a broken tablet and having to need to convince the seller about that issue.

Anyone else got that issue? or I’m the lucky one?

Geo C.
    Participant

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem but avoided to “open” it several times with keyboard connected since…so I can still use it.

Kris Backs
    Participant

I just posted regarding this too. I didn’t look closely enough at existing posts. Yes, this is an issue. I think one needs to be diligent when opening with a keyboard. Perhaps having a case that keeps the tablet seated would help.

Mine is from the old original KB. I see that you are using the black button -newer KB.

Sucks

Guy
    Participant

Sorry to hear you had the same problem, seems like the materials or the built quality is just not good enough for these cheap tablets to hold too long, as well as a design flaw

since then I’ve sent it back to the seller for a refund and got a 14″ laptop with the new 8th generation Intel processor, and a decent nvidia GPU, I barely used the tablet as a tablet anyways, and the laptop is actually lighter than the tablet+keyboard combination.

of course the price is about 4 times higher, but I think its at least 10 times better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar