Hi8 pro delay

Hi8 pro delay

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Evil E. 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

konstantinos
    Participant

<p class=”iq_header”>By  <strong class=”colorBlue”>JR Nov-28/2015 03:11:08</p>

• Question::
      You previously answered: We will ship this item after presale on Nov 20, 2015. Thank you for your inquiry. — Now yet another presale is going on and I’m confused, when are these going to get sent?
      <p class=”replay”>Reply:
      Thank you for your inquiry.
      The manufacturer is lack of raw materials to produce this item, so the production is postponed. Thank you for your kind understanding and patience.
      We will have 1000 pieces on around December 10th. and will keep you informed about the shipping and tracking information by email after dispatching the order.
      Great day!</p>

<p class=”iq_header”>I copied this from the sales page of Hi8 pro at Gearbest.  They say “lack of raw materials” is the reason.  In the meantime, i also came across this:  [ http://liliputing.com/2015/11/intels-new-cherry-trail-chips-are-a-little-faster.html ] saying that they are replacing the chips.  Does it mean that we are getting the hi8 pro with the new chips inside?</p>

Anonymous

Most likely not, based on an article I have read mass production of these new chips only starts in Feb. next year.

Evil E.
    Participant

UPDATE : the Chuwi Hi8 Pro is delayed – again – due to screen flicker issues that Chuwi can’t seem to get sorted out. According to the aliexpress seller/shop where I pre-ordered mine, the Hi8 Pro is now scheduled to be delivered to sellers on 20 January 2016 at the earliest (see also attached image)…

WHAT A MESS…………………. 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mo
    Participant

At tiny deal they got it already they posted this video on youtube with a unboxing.

CHUWI Hi8 Pro 8″ IPS Screen Windows 10 Home Intel…: https://youtu.be/erx2qjhBAoE

konstantinos
    Participant

I am more concerned about the processor performance and heat levels.  I ordered the hi8 pro (now cancelled the order) with a hope to see incoming reviews of other people receiving it first, but at this point i don’t see why people would waste their money on something that has problems on top of the already problematic processor. It’s both Chuwi’s and Intel’s fault, not to mention the seller’s misscommunication with buyers.  I would say its not worth waiting for it anymore if Intel is gonna replace their cherry trail chips.

Evil E.
    Participant

Exactly what problems with the intel Cherry Trail processors are you referring to, if I may ask ???

Evil E.
    Participant

UPDATE 2 : according to some sellers on aliexpress the Chuwi Hi8 Pro has started selling as of today… HOWEVER, there is 1 little snag (and I quote the seller) :

Dear all ,chuwi factory today start for selling the HI8 PRO,but the screen with little problems(flash screen),we think it is better not ship the order

So it seems that Chuwi delayed the release of the Hi8 Pro for 1 month and FAILED to fix the screen flicker issues that they said they would get fixed during this delay…
    Power issues, screen problems, … WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING AT CHUWI ??? Do they actually have ANY qualified technicians who know what they’re doing working there or not ???

Evil E.
    Participant

UPDATE 3 : the Hi8 Pro tablet is being shipped to buyers as of yesterday according to information I received from certain sellers on aliexpress, so I guess this means that Chuwi managed to (finally) fix the screen flicker issues with this model (they sure took their bloody time to fix it, though).

Let’s hope that it is indeed properly fixed so that we don’t have any issues with the tablet when it arrives…

David
    Participant

Hello Evil.E,

Could you maybe re-contact the sellers you already talked to in order to ask them if your guess is true  ?

I’m just as interested in the Hi8 Pro as you are but I’m also worried that I’ll get a defective model : S

<!–more–>

Anonymous

Not heard any info yet about my Hi8 Pro order (since November) from my aliexpress seller. Chuwi might have done the same as for the Hi10. The same Aliexpress seller for the Hi10 apparently has 1000 Hi8 Pro units from Chuwi, while other sellers does not have Hi8 Pro in large quantities. People who have bought from that seller might have the Hi8 Pro earlier than people who has pre-ordered the hi8 pro back in November. That was happening for the Hi10.

Also, keep in mind that Chinese New Year is coming, Chuwi has stated on their product page that orders until 30 January will be shipped. Orders after that date, will be shipped after 17 February. So if your seller does not ship your hi8 pro order this week, most likely you have to wait at least 3 weeks and if you choose the free shipping option, add 2-3 weeks more. That is unbelievable, product was announced in November and they can’t even ship in large quantities.

Joao Afonso
    Participant

Hi Guys,

just got my chuwi hi8 pro from gearbest, order went pretty smooth as i placed the order on 17th and by the tablet was sent on 25th  and by the 26th was delivered to me as i live in macau. just a heads up about it.

About the tablet i have only positive things to say seemed like hi8 old version the battery time was pretty short but the hi8 pro 50% of brightness can last for about 5 hours, some guys were reporting that edge was working just for then however i am noticing some freezing that sometimes goes between 1 to  few seconds depending on the complexity of the website, but so far no chance to test with other browsers as i need more time to play around with it.

Evil E.
    Participant

Hello Evil.E, Could you maybe re-contact the sellers you already talked to in order to ask them if your guess is true ? I’m just as interested in the Hi8 Pro as you are but I’m also worried that I’ll get a defective model : S <!–more–>

This is what I received from one of the sellers that has the Hi8 Pro on sale :

HI8 PRO problems solved,now factory start for selling ,we will ship your parcel within 3 days after testing ,china will have holiday end of this month,we will ship before china new year for sure thanks again !

Let’s hope that this is in fact true and that Chuwi managed solve this screen flicker issue properly and permanently

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password