Hi8 Pro doesn't start

Hi8 Pro doesn't start

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Hi8 Pro doesn't start

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, when i buy this tablet the first thing i’ve done was reinstall W10 to obtain a clean installation, well, i did this, but something fails in the reinstallation, and the tablet never finish the process, for the users who bought this tablet (like me): when i press esc key in the keyboard, the tablet put me in the BIOS mode, and when i press the delete button, the result is the same, this tablet doesn’t have a boot menu mode like the Chuwi Hi8? Only have the BIOS?, if exists, how i can enter in this mode to select the usb with w10? Thanks and regards.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Update: i search in the Chuwi main page (in chinese) and i found the instructions to flash Windows, but in Chinese, i discover that the F7 key shows the boot menu option, but when i select my usb nothing occurs, the error in when i turn on the tablet are : “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, clock OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.

I think it’s similar to other computers that i had, something in the BIOS options deny me the possibility to use the usb pendrive. The pendrive are recognized in the usb hub and appear in the boot mode screen selection, but nothing occurs. Any idea? How i can enter in the setup to reinstall Windows?….ahm, in the chinese forum are the files for this tablet, the BIOS ROM file, how-to’s guides, Windows 10 image, and i read with the translator that maybe in the future a Android ROM appears for our devices.

I send it a support ticket to Chuwi English page, i hope a responde. Regards.

Philipp
    Participant

Tablet must have restore partition with archived windows on its emmc. Try to search how to launch self recovery of windows. I know usually there is a hothey for POST screen to launch recovery.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes Philipp, the tablet have a recovery partition, but is hidden in the volume list, in respect of launch self recovery, well, there are a few documentation about this tablet, and in chinese…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, at last, i revive my tablet, the problem is the UEFI BIOS, are 32 based UEFI bios, that with a 64 bit processor it’s weird, but as i search, it’s usual on cheap devices, the solution are simple, install the 32 bit version, i’m finding more info to how to install Linux in the tablet, my problem now are the drivers, cause i don’t have a copy and in the Chuwi forums it seems there’s nothing about. So, i’m finding to install all the drivers, the touchscreen, the accelerometer and others.

Piotr
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem with windows in my dual os tablet. Did you solved the problem?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar