Hi8 pro issues caused by Bios chips?!

Hi8 pro issues caused by Bios chips?!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Hi8 pro issues caused by Bios chips?!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bùi Anh Tuấn
    Participant

I’m currently retailing this tablet, the “dead-rate” is high in the last batch so i decided to open up some Hi8 pro to check my theory. Here are the results:
    The Stable Hi8 Pros have 25Q64FWSIG 1538 Bios chips while the “Dead” ones have 25Q64FWSIG 1536. So if you have a dead unit without warranty, you can buy yourself a 25Q64FWSIG 1538 Bios chip and use a Programmer to re-program it, i will try and post the results. Cheers!

Dave
    Participant

Hi!

As you will be opening the tablets, could you please, make some photos of the interior, I am just curious to check the interior and see if the motherboard has some connection unused.

Good luck with the repair!!!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the tip, so if its hardware things we are stuck then with dead units until we replace the bios eprom.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Evil E.
    Participant

If I remember correctly, the Hi10 also had serious power issues. Is the Hi10 also manufactured with one of these 2 BIOS chips ?

I find it unlikely that a BIOS chip would be able to cause such serious power problems. I think that this is a case of incompetence by Chuwi who don’t seem to have the slightest idea of how to design and manufacture a proper power circuitry for a tablet…

Bùi Anh Tuấn
    Participant

I have sold about 500 Hi8s last year, and there are only two units with power problem, so i dont think there are problems with the circuit design.
    The working Hi10s also come with the 1538 chips, i dont have a defective Hi10 unit to compare.
    Anyway i use a programmer to read the bios from a working Hi8 pro and flash it back to the 1536 chip but nothing happenned, open the shield and lost warranty with that one but no luck, im ordering the 1538 one to replace it, i will update the process soon enough.
    Here is the Hi8 Bios .bin file for anyone who need it.

Daan Kroon
    Participant

I presume the defective units are mainly caused by bad batteries, giving false readings and leading to spikes causing the mainboard to short out. Their also probably using an almost identical bios to the vi8 plus causing problems with the FHD screen.

Maybe the charger and cables should be avoided, can’t imagine that, cause my vi8 charger and cable was fine.
    They should add a voltage regulator and better batteries to the hi8pro, that would probably solve most of the issues.

Alejandro
    Participant

hello, can upload the file to program bios when the tablet is totally bricked? Thanks

Laura
    Participant

I have sold about 500 Hi8s last year, and there are only two units with power problem, so i dont think there are problems with the circuit design. The working Hi10s also come with the 1538 chips, i dont have a defective Hi10 unit to compare. Anyway i use a programmer to read the bios from a working Hi8 pro and flash it back to the 1536 chip but nothing happenned, open the shield and lost warranty with that one but no luck, im ordering the 1538 one to replace it, i will update the process soon enough. Here is the Hi8 Bios .bin file for anyone who need it.

be careful that the bios contains the windows key so if you flash the bios of a working tablet to resurrect another, one of the 2 will not activate

Wolf
    Participant

Which bios version is better: C806_N080JCE.109 or C806_LT080B.10T?

stifter
    Participant

Which bios version is better: C806_N080JCE.109 or C806_LT080B.10T?

Those BIOS versions are for two different screen models, so if you flash the wrong one you might brick the tablet.

Hans
    Participant

where is the BIOS chip located? Is it under the cans? Then it is much harder to figure out. See my thread + pictures here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/review-of-hi8-pro-after-several-days-usage/

Pál Bakula
    Participant

Mine is not stable despite it’s 1538.

By the way the ‘mystical’ number is the manufacturing date code of the IC.

Mine was manufactured on the 38th week of 2015.

I personally don’t think that there would be a connection between the ‘stability’ – or call it whatever – and the date code of the SPI flash IC (BIOS).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password