Hi8 Rotation Fix

Hi8 Rotation Fix

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Hi8 Rotation Fix

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

George
    Participant

On my mom’s tablet i had this issue with the rotation(not rotating) and i found the fix,that someone else posted on microsoft forums.

If any of you has a problem with the rotation of your chuwi HI8(or another tablet) that has the BoschAccelerometer called bma2x2 found in Device manager->Sensors follow the steps below:

” 1) Disable the Bosh Corporation location sensor BMA2x2 Accelerometer
    Start Control Panel by right clicking on Start button.
    Right click or hold your finger on Device Manager for 1 second.
    Select run as Administrator > Sensors > BMA2x2 > Driver > Disable.
    (Note: leave this windows open becasue you will need to enable it after setp 3)

2) Backup the Windows 10 driver using administrative command prompt or File Explorer.
    copy “c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\BMA2x2Accelerometer.dll “c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\BMA2x2Accelerometer.dll.win10_backup”

3) Copy the Windows 8.1 driver using administrative command prompt or File Explorer.
    copy “c:\windows.old\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\BMA2x2Accelerometer.dll” “c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\BMA2x2Accelerometer.dll”

4) Enable the Bosh Corporation location sensor BMA2x2 Accelerometer
    Start Control Panel by right clicking on Start button.
    Right click or hold your finger on Device Manager for 1 second.
    Select run as Administrator > Sensors > BMA2x2 > Driver > Enable.

No reboot is required. ”

I added the working .dll  from windows 8.1 in the attachement if you deleted the windows.old and can’t retreive it.

I hope i haven’t repeated a post about this issue on this forum(i searched tho…)

Download Bma2x2 dll

manutd9
    Participant

After (today’s?) 10586.36 Windows 10 update I have same problem and for me it was enough to use DisableAutoAutoRotationLock.cmd (I run it as Administrator) file from C:/Recovery/OEM folder (Recovery is hidden). Since it’s working fine.

I’m not sure if everyone has this file, so I will (try to remember to) post it here tomorrow.

It worked, but than stopped. So I tried above guide and it too worked till shut down. Now i have no access to that file, so it cannot be renamed/deleted/moved… I mean file u uploaded is now set as driver and it doesn’t work enymore ;(

chaos66
    Participant

George super works 🙂

George
    Participant

manutd9 You have to download the bma2x2 driver(found on official website or it should be in chuwi hi8 drivers on the website) right click on .inf file(System Information file)  and select install. i’ll post it late when i will get home if there is none on techtablets.com\drivers if it still doesn’t work i’ll look in the windows 10 image and post the driver found in it 🙂 so you can install it

Brandon
    Participant

I’m running into an issue where my rotation stops working, and I notice the Sdo Sensor V2 device disappears, and all 3 other sensor devices display “Code 10 Device Cannot Start”.  Strangely, after a wipe and Windows reinstall, rotation will work for about 2-3 reboots after doing a DoubleDriver restore. I’ve tested this repeatedly (and frustratingly) with Win10 Home Pro and Enterprise, all have the same problem.  Confirm rotation works fine in Android.

I’m not sure what to try next, I’ve even used the Win 8.1 DoubleDriver backup for the sensor devices with no success.

Looking for any insight, it’s appreciated.

George
    Participant

That sdo ia your rotation sensor that Windows has a faulty driver to work with. I would suggest the following: get the win10 from techtablets, boot the usb and select repair windows. i’ve seen you installed multiple versions of windows…if it won’t work i would suggest doing a fresh install with the windows provided by chuwi 🙂  al drivers are there(windows gets the new ones that might not work with your hardware).Always remember this tablet has windows on it and by searching for the fix of your problem you have with your windows is 99% the same as a normal pc :). Reply after you tried what i said. it’s 5 am for me….

Anonymous

All my problems with the accelerometer fixed after the last updated Windows (Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511: January 27, 2016) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3124262

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password