HI8 touchscreen calibration issues WIN 10

HI8 touchscreen calibration issues WIN 10

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion HI8 touchscreen calibration issues WIN 10

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Hendra 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

NIVO
    Participant

hi guys, ive got win 10 home installed just fine. All drivers appear to have installed fine as their is no device manager issues listed. However I have tried 3 times to calibrate the touchscreen and each time it calibrates fine. But when i go to touch what i need, it is showing that i have touched some other part of the screen. It renders it in windows mode useless. How can i correct this? thx.

NIVO
    Participant

ok, I seem to have fixed this. What i did was uninstalled the touch drivers. Rebooted. Reinstalled drivers as admin. Rebooted. Seems to be working perfect now, didnt even need a calibration!

Daniel San Segundo
    Participant

Sorry, can you tell what those touch driver you say?

NIVO
    Participant

sure gonna try to add it here

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

oldscorpsfan .
    Participant

Nivo,

Brilliant mate!! I had exactly the same scenario as you only I also lost the OS switch.  I got that back via the Insyde download on this site but was struggling with the touch as nothing worked no matter how often I tried reinstalling, and as you said the touch was useless in windows.  Didn’t try installing it as admin though before I read your tip.  It worked first time!!  I was going to reimage just for that but for now I am very happy with the tablet.  Might reimage one day to reclaim some space but no hurry.  Thanks heaps mate. Cheers.

NIVO
    Participant

really glad to hear you got it going oldcorpsfan. It is a wonderful little tablet.

JEFFREY P RUDZINSKI
    Participant

This worked for me. Spent weeks trying to get this fixed. I went into my devices and uninstalled the touch driver, then used the Hi8 touch installer to install (must do as admin), restarted and all is well.

Hendra
    Participant

Hello. Need help. How i find the touch driver to do uninstall ? I go to device manager in control panel and i couldn’t locate any device driver related to touch screen. Is there under different name ?

Thank you in advance

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password