Hibook 10.1 Digitizer

Hibook 10.1 Digitizer

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion Hibook 10.1 Digitizer

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Marcin 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Warren
    Participant

Anybody know where I can buy a Hibook 10.1 digitizer?

Chuwi support told me to check Aliexpress. Chuwi support cannot supply me with a part number.

There are no digitizers for this tablet on Aliexpress (as of 23 May 2016)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Andy B
    Participant

There is now a seller on eBay who sells replacement screens for the HiBook.  He currently shows more than 10 available and has a very good sales record.  This is really good news!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Panel-For-CHUWI-HiBook-Hi10-10-1-Inch-Tablet-PC-/142005931818?hash=item2110368f2a:g:rVcAAOSw7ehXR7pE

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Warren
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I’m not 100% that this will work on a Hibook, it gives the impression it’s for a Hi10. I’m not sure they’re compatible with each other.

Thoughts?

Andy B
    Participant

Hi Andy, I’m not 100% that this will work on a Hibook, it gives the impression it’s for a Hi10. I’m not sure they’re compatible with each other. Thoughts?

I don’t know, but the title and description all say HiBook & Hi10.  I’m guessing they both use the same glass.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Anonymous

Hi Andy

Thanks. I’ve contacted the seller. I’ve compared the Hi10 digitizer with my Hibook digitizer, I believe they are not compatible.

The ribbon cable has a different pinout, different shape, and in a different position.

I’ve attached some images. Hopefully we’ll see spares hit the market place soon.

Warren

Warren
    Participant

Hiya,

just a quick note, the seller confirms this digitizer is for a Hi10 *only* – they have labeled the item incorrectly.

For those also looking to replace the digitizer and frame on a Hibook,  FYI the plastic frame has a marking ‘C-109’ and the digitizer controller chip on ribbon cable is a “Silead GSL3680” chip

Warren
    Participant

*WARNING*

* The LCD is glued around the edges to the digitzer and frame.

* The battery is (heavy duty) glued to the back of the LCD. Believe me, you will find it very difficult to replace the batteries in the future. Or you’ll crack the LCD from the flexing.
    It would seem these units are not so easy to repair. I am sure it can be achieved, but you need to be extremely careful.

waydeep
    Participant

Hello everyone, if you are looking for a replacement 10.1 digitizer screen for your Chuwi Hibook. I believe I have found the correct replacement with the gsl3680 chip, correct connector, and frame. Here is the Link to buy it from Aliexpress:   http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-LCD-touch-panel-Digitizer-Glass-for-Tablet-PC-MID-lcd-touch-ONDA-VX610W/614315431.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.xNam7d

waydeep
    Participant

I found it today, here is the link at aliexpress: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-LCD-touch-panel-Digitizer-Glass-for-Tablet-PC-MID-lcd-touch-ONDA-VX610W/614315431.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.xNam7d

Warren
    Participant

Thank you so much for posting that link. Unfortunately the page now says “Sorry, this item is no longer available!”

Hopefully they’ll restock soon.

Aleksandras Ratmanovas
    Participant

I fount this one http://forum.banggood.com/forum-topic-237899.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=forum_reply&utm_campaign=newsletter

It’s LCD+Digitizer assembly. I asked is it possible to buy digitizer separately, but the seller said: “It is an Adhesive screen,so we can not sell it separately,sorry”.

So my questions are:

1. Is it possible to change digitizer only?
    2. Anyone did that?

Warren
    Participant

As per my previous post on this thread

* The LCD is glued around the edges to the digitzer and frame.

I know, I’ve disassembled a Hibook 10 (non-pro), it is possible to separate the LCD from the frame and digitizer, but it’s very very difficult and not advised.

waydeep
    Participant

All I have replaced my screen. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to disassemble the old digitizer of the frame. They offer a video at the below link. It’s priced at $24.99

I found it again here: http://www.actablet.com/digitizer-touch-screen-replacement-for-chuwi-hibook-cw1514-z8300-quad-core-101-inch-windows-tablet-pc_p24206.html

Marcin
    Participant

Hi, did you fixed digitizer in your hibook? I ask, because i have now similar problem.

Marcin
    Participant

Can you help me in this topic? i can’t find screen touch for model cwi514. On Aliexpress are digitizers for model hibook pro cw1526 but there are different chip id. Chip Id on my ribbon is 13B0D6N641N, on model cwi1526 is 13B0D6N528N and I don’t know is that suit or on. Help ;o)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password