HiBook Pro issues: display and touch

HiBook Pro issues: display and touch

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion HiBook Pro issues: display and touch

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  athanato 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Arjan
    Participant

Hi,

I ordered and received a HiBook Pro from Banggood and out of the box it had the following issues:

1. Display glitches
      As I found out this is a known issue with the HiBook pro and is related to WiFi and apparently a WiFi cable crossing the display cable with insufficient shielding between the two.
    2. Touch screen ununusable in bottom-right corner
      With the power positioned button top-left, the bottom-right corner (System Tray area) of the display exhibits very bad touch responsiveness, essentially unusuable in that area. I know it’s not a Windows/software issue because if I rotate the tablet 180 degrees (ie. with the power button bottom-right) the System Tray works absolutely fine and it’s the now the ‘top-left’ (same physical location of the display) that exhibits this problem.

I asked Banggood for a refund but they are trying to get me to accept a replacement instead. I know I don’t want this exact tablet back since the display glitch is a known hardware design issue so I have the following questions:

1. Does the second version of the HiBook Pro, the one that has a Z8350 instead of a Z8300 CPU, still have the WiFi/display glitch problem?
    2. I saw a post here regarding bad touch on the HiBook Pro but it said that this was perhaps only on the first batch. I’m wondering if this is the same problem as I have (bad response in one corner) or not. Is the new version known to have a better touch response?
    3. I’m wondering if perhaps a Hi13 would be a better choice, however it’s a bit big (and more expensive) and I’m also worried about the 3000×2000 resolution which seems a bit (too?) much for its CPU. Is it possible to set the desktop resolution to 1500×1000 and have the GPU upscale that in hardware to the native 3000×2000 resolution?

Any and all replies are welcome. I need to decide quickly if I’m going to insist on a full refund, get a Z8350 version HiBook Pro or perhaps a Hi13.

Thanks,
    Arjan

Arjan
    Participant

One more question: does anyone know how to get posting rights over at the official Chuwi forum on their website? I registered and setup an Avatar picture as required but I still don’t have posting rights on their forum. The confirmation email I received when I signed up did not contain any link to click to confirm and validate my email.

athanato
    Participant

My Z8300 HiBookPro that I got in Nov works perfectly while I had to re-install Win10 on my Hi12 3x times to fix the touch issues. likely just drivers crapping out on you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password