hibook pro – your experience

hibook pro – your experience

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion hibook pro – your experience

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying the hibook pro.

Need your help:

What’s your experience of it? Its not my first Chinese tab, so I am familiar with these forums and seeing posts like “tablet won’t boot” “driver not working etc”. Not expecting perfection for the price.

Is it fast charging? I think the review here said it was. How real is that? My current Chinese tab can take 7hours to charge, its always plugged in and always on battery saver in windows.

Whats the android side like?

How much bloatware?

What’s the screen and responsiveness like?

Do all the ports work?

Thanks a lot!

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Oh and do you really need the keyboard? I don’t want to buy it.

dlink377
    Participant

mine already broke in power management chip (shorting out inside) few months ago.

the touch screen is horrible on Windows as described on other forum post.

The screen is amazing though, speaker and the build quality is very good.

i don’t recommend this tablet at all. other experience may vary.

the keyboard is a must for me, the touch screen keyboard is next to unusable in my unit last time.

you can read my review on various thread on this subforum. I forgot which one already, i do write all the positive and negatives and few benchmarks.

Please take note I am the one using the first revision of Hi Book pro (literally bought it when it is on sale on china on the first release), new one probably fixed all the issue.

sourav
    Participant

I’m using hibook pro for the last 3 months. Here are the pros and cons

Pros.

1. The amazing screen. The screen quality alone is sufficient to buy the tablet.
    2. usb type c. It works at usb 2 speed but does fast charging at 3a 5v. I’ve used the stock charger as well as Aukey one and both works fine.
    3. Genuine windows 10
    4. Good touch response

Cons.

1. Software glitch in windows anniversary update. The microsd formatted in fat32 wont recognise in windows. So if you boot to android and switch back to windows your card simply wont show up in windows. There is no solution. As I’m using windows as primary, I formatted 128gb sandisk microsd in exfat and I’m using it in windows only. Android wont recognise my card.
    2. Annoying trackpad gestures and sometimes trackpad freezes/ docked in- docked out.
    3. It’s not a power house so don’t expect good gaming performance in both the os.
    Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Thanks Dlink377 for sharing your experience. It seems to differ person to person.

Do you know if you recevied the 1st or 2nd batch of this model? I understand the 1st batch had several issues which were then corrected. Not even sure how to know what is “1st batch” or “2nd batch”.

Thanks, Myles

Chalmers Fam
    Participant

Thanks for you reply Sourav, glad to see the pros .. but I have also read about the issues with the SD Card .. (only way is to take it out and put it back in when switching OS which is totally not good).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar