HiBook uses Gorilla Glass?

HiBook uses Gorilla Glass?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi HiBook Discussion HiBook uses Gorilla Glass?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andy B
    Participant

Chuwi claims that the HiBook uses non-laminated OGS panels on Gorilla Glass.  These were direct answers from Chuwi to Amazon product questions posted by potential customers.

I have my doubts.

How can one tell whether the glass is indeed Gorilla Glass?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

dlink377
    Participant

I don’t think it is a Gorilla Glass, more like chinese knock off gorilla glass. If it is a gorilla glass, then for what reason Chuwi preinstall a film screen protector, a gorilla glass with oleophobic coating will not require additional film protector.

But I definitely don’t want to do scratch test on my own tablet to see it is a gorilla glass or not. But on my tablet it is definitely a glass since it is harder than my previous iWork 10 Ultimate.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I highly doubt it. My golden rule, if it’s got a screen protector (Not cover) on it it’s not scratch resistant.

I have the Jumper Mini3 it’s also got an OGS screen. It could be old Dell Venue 8 screen parts they are using, but still I doubt it’s scratch resistant.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

glyko
    Participant

Wait, there is a pre-applied screen protector under the cover?

Andy B
    Participant

Wait, there is a pre-applied screen protector under the cover?

Yes, they ship with two screen protectors.  The outer one that has writing on it, and the 2nd one that is directly applied to the glass.  It often times has air bubbles underneath.

Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar