How can I Change Cube i10 to single operating system?

How can I Change Cube i10 to single operating system?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion How can I Change Cube i10 to single operating system?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lucas
    Participant

I have a Cube i10 with both Android and Windows. I would like to change it to android only as there is not enough ROM and the SD card is often only available in Android. I also am unable to move apps or data to the SD card. Does antone have some experience on how to go about this?

brainvision
    Participant

well, about removing completely Windows 10 I would not suggest that, for many different reasons..

To solve your issue you can do two things: install App2SD https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.co.pricealert.apps2sd and use it as normal user, or root your device and install App2SD itself or Link2SD and move the app data, apk, dex and odex and even lib files to a second partition of your SD you have to create.. Both of apps seem to have issue when using the Integrate to system feature (that is when you update a system application like Play Store, Play Service and so on, which causes double space used – both in /system both in /data)

I have Link2Sd Pro and it works fine, it costs less buck than App2SD but this one is updated frequently, mostly because it’s a more recent app..

Both apps are able to use the app2sd default Android feature, even if hidden from our stock ROM, but naturally you’ll save less space with this method.

but it’s only my opinion, maybe someone could suggest you hot to completely remove WinZoZZ 😉

sirp0p0
    Participant

Considering how little documentation there is for the i10 I wouldn’t recommend completely removing either OS but I found most guides for the Chuwi Vi10 and the Teclast X98 apply to this tablet as well, though not 100% so be careful.

If your SD does not appear in Windows 10 then it is not supported by the card reader or is not formatted correctly. Most cards over 32GB don’t work at all anyway.

So what I did to increase size in Android was take a bit from Windows 10. I increased Android to 5GB. Here is how you do that:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/cube-i10-dual-boot-hands-cost-efficient-t3143916/post68045271#post68045271

You’ll need:

A USB Keyboard to access the BIOS
    A compatible USB flash drive
    An ISO of gparted
    LinuxLive USB Creator

A couple notes:

When you’re using AOMEI Partition Assistant if your disc doesn’t appear go to System > Reload Disk in the program.

Before booting gparted from USB go to the BIOS by hitting ESC on the keyboard when the tablet immediately turns on and changing ACPI from 5.0 to 3.0 or else it’ll either hang when scanning for partitions or take a LONG time. Like hours potentially.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar