how do you tell what BIOS you currently have?

how do you tell what BIOS you currently have?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot how do you tell what BIOS you currently have?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zsolt Tóth 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rob
    Participant

I would like to know how you can tell what BIOS came on my teclast c5j6. Any ideas? Also wondering if you can update just the BIOS without having to redo everything else?

Martin
    Participant

BIOS version

Connect a USB keyboard to the tablet and press ESC or DEL at the beginning of the boot process to enter the BIOS. At the top you can find the BIOS version and build date. My Teclast X98 Air 3G C8J6 was  delivered with “Project version: tPAD 1.07” and “Build Date and Time: 01/16/2015 12:16:21”. After upgrading to BIOS 2.02 it is now “Project version: tPAD 2.02” and “Build Date and Time: 04/21/2015 17:48:54”. I don’t know an easier way than this one.

Update BIOS

There is a well explained tutorial at xda-developers from tecknight:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=61719173&postcount=9792

Went smoothly on my C8J6. Android and Windows Installations won’t be touched by a BIOS update.

Rob
    Participant

Awesome thanks for the fast response.

Rob
    Participant

I have the 1.07 bios also. My tablet has been having a issue with thermal throttling. Did you lose windows activation and does the BIOS update fix anything? Thanks

Martin
    Participant

Windows is still activated after the BIOS update from 1.07 to 2.02.

I updated to prepare the tablet for new ROMs from Mirek190, currently I’m running the Android 5 Lollipop beta from him. Also, the update improves the stand-by time with Windows. In 19h I got an average battery drain of 1.26%/h, thats still far away from an iPad’s performance. You get what you paid for. 😉

Zsolt Tóth
    Participant

Hi!

One week old X98Air 3G – BUT Z3735F only – C5J8 ID -> BIOS 2.05 date: 11:09:2015

NO GPS :-((((

Could be the BIOS the reason?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password