[How-To] (BWIN/Gen. NCard) Better Speeds by Bios Change (EZBook 3 Pro V3)

[How-To] (BWIN/Gen. NCard) Better Speeds by Bios Change (EZBook 3 Pro V3)

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series [How-To] (BWIN/Gen. NCard) Better Speeds by Bios Change (EZBook 3 Pro V3)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    FV
    Participant

Hello,

I managed to get better eMMC speeds with my EzBook 3 Pro Dual-AC by making a tweak in the bios. It seems to me as Jumper made the device in a hurry and didn’t even changed a bit in the bios. I will follow up with some other How-Tos, i’ve got better GPU/CPU-Performance and Modern Standby as well.

I’m not reliable for a brick, even if it is rather unlikely:

1. Go to Bios by pressing “Del” when booting up.
    2. Go to “Chipset” register

3. Go to “South cluster Configuration” and press enter

4. Go to “SCC Configuration” and press enter

5. Change eMMC Max Speed from “DDR50” to “HS400”

6. (Optional) Enable “SCC UFS Support”

7. Go back, save it and reboot

8. Profit!

I will follow up with other tutorials in a week, being busy the next few days!
    Hope you have fun and manage to get better performance!

Greetings,
    Fabian

FV
    Participant

Tried to post some pictures:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    FV
    Participant

Here is how to change the settings:

Attachments:
    Thomas
    Participant

Wow, thanks!

It really makes the EMMC much faster!

Attachments:
    sportnok
    Participant

Genius, hope it works on mine, was more than a bit miffed with the speeds, just have to wait a few days til I’m home to try it, thanks..

If you could now find a setting to add a type C usb port, that would be brilliant ?

FV
    Participant

Type 3? Easy. Just a tweak here and drilling a hole there and you’re done šŸ˜€

Rrobot
    Participant

amazing! worked for me. Look forward to your other tweaks too!

nashimd
    Participant

Strange enough my emmc max speed was already set to HS400 by default. Could you specify your bios version? Mine isĀ Ā “JUMPER2x.P8.WP313R.NHNAUHN01, 24/3/2017”.

I can’t get my m.2 ssd to get detected in bios and windows and I’m wondering if its because of the outdated bios version. I’m certain there’s a much recent bios version in other units.

Chris G
    Keymaster

@vogt935 Great tweak, I saw the settings and I didn’t touch them as I don’t want another bricked laptop just in case. But great improvement. When I get into the studio after work tomorrow I will test it out then as I forgot to take theĀ EZbook 3 Pro home with me.

I’ve stuck the thread here and also posted it under the EZBook 3 Pro section for other owners.

https://techtablets.com/2017/07/tweak-improve-jumper-ezbook-3-pro-v3-emmc-speeds/

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

sportnok
    Participant

I guess the other tweak that’s worth doing is to try and replicate the GPU speeds of the Onda Xiaoma 21 and T-bao tbook air.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I guess the other tweak thatā€™s worth doing is to try and replicate the GPU speeds of the Onda Xiaoma 21 and T-bao tbook air.

I’ve tired to, but with the power limit setting missing its hard to. It’s really the power limitsĀ as to why it performs better. I’ll have a video on it soon.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Works a treat!

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

BAMxi
    Participant

Awesome, going to try this when i get home! Thanks for sharing! Anyone noticed decreased battery life since applying the change?

Aleks
    Participant

Speed is nice after changing mode but is notebook stable?

roberto
    Participant

It works for me.

Nice speed and same stability

This is a great tweak

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar