How to delete android partition and merge it with windows?

How to delete android partition and merge it with windows?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion How to delete android partition and merge it with windows?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PikaManZ
    Participant

so i read following guide here
    http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/how-to-delete-android-and-merge-partitions-in-windows-for-more-space/

but i see an EFI Partition have 2.first partition and before windows partition. but this guide just say to leave an EFI Partition if i leave it then i cant merge into a window partition because the second efi partition before windows partition

how can i do?

sorry for my bad english.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kewl
    Participant

I have a similar disk structure.  Which partition should i be deleting?  Also, when I restart the Hi8 pro, i am given a choice to choose between Android and Windows, with a 10 second timer.  How do i remove this and have it boot normally without any countdown?

Joan
    Participant

Hi, I’m in the same situation and don’t know what to do (the partition structure from other tutorials doesn’t match with mine).

I attach a screenshot of my partition structure:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Idontknow
    Participant

I also have this structure. Not only on the Chuwi Hi8 Pro but also on a Taclast X98. On both I would like to get rid of Android but I dont know, how to do it. Any help?

Idontknow
    Participant

Hi All,

yesterday I removed Android successfully from my Hi8 Pro. Here is what I did:

• Install the free version of “Macrium Reflect” (http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx) for backing up the system drive and “MiniTool Partition Wizard” (https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html) to work on the partitions.
    • Make a full backup of the system drive using “Macrium Reflect”. Be sure to activate verify.
    • Let Macrium Reflect make a rescue USB-stick using Windows PE10. This requires a 400MB-download from Microsoft.
    • Make sure, the rescue USB-stick works: attach it to a USB-hub attached to the tablet together with a mouse and a keyboard (and an SD-card reader) and reboot the tablet. Press the delete or escape key until you get the BIOS screen. Go to the last tab and choose to override the boot sequence to boot from the USB-stick. The reason for the external card reader is that the internal card reader will not be recognized by Win PE in the rescue environment. Browse to the backup and check if it can be accessed.
    • Now leave the rescue environment (red icon on the lower left) and start the tablet again to windows (press the power button until the tablet starts).
    • With the “Minitool Partition Wizard” delete all partitions on the system Drive except the last four ones, which are: 1.) *:SYSTEM, EFI System Partition, 2.) GPT (Reserved Partition), 3.) C:WINDOWS (GPT data partition), 4.) *:RECOVERY (GPT Recovery Partition).
    • Apply the changes and reeboot. (I’m not sure if you really need this, but I wanted to check, if the BIOS recognizes, that there is just one EFI system partition left.)
    • With the “MiniTool Partition Wizard” move the “EFI Sytsem Partition” to the very beginning of the drive. Apply the changes and reboot. (I wanted to make sure, that the BIOS recognizes that the EFI system partition changed its position.)
    • Now the part which made me quite nervous: you can’t move the 16MB-partition in front of the Windows-partition with the “Partition Wizard”, so you also can’t expand the Windows-partition (the main reason for all this). I read that Windows would need this partition for some drive management. Therefore I used “Partition Wizard” to make a copy of it right to the beginning of the unallocated space directly behind the “EFI System partition”. The new partition is not “reserved” anymore but a normal GPT data partition. Then I deleted the reserved partition in front of the Windows-partition.
    • Reboot. (Contrary to my expectations everything worked fine and Windows came up without a hassle.)
    • With the “MiniTool Partition Wizard” resize (‘Extend’ doesn’t work) the Windows-partition into the full unallocated space in front of the Windows-partition. Click to ‘Apply’ and “Partition Wizard” tells you to reboot in order to make the changes as the partition in question is the current system partition. Reboot.
    • After a short while in the pre-boot environment, where “MiniTool Partition Wizard” resizes the Windows-partition, Windows should start up.
    • Finished (more or less).

I noticed that somehow more space was used on the C: drive then before resizing. Cleaning up the drive fixed it to a certain amount. Then I noticed, that my virus scanner (Avira) didn’t work anymore so I had to remove it completely and reinstall.

I hope, my experiences and this guide help those who are interested in the same topic.

If you are worried about deleting the first EFI System partition (*:ANDROIDIA) and afraid of your tablet not booting anymore I suggest these two articles on how UEFI boots up operating systems:

https://blog.uncooperative.org/blog/2014/02/06/the-efi-system-partition/

https://www.happyassassin.net/2014/01/25/uefi-boot-how-does-that-actually-work-then/

Anthony Witham
    Participant

Hi,

I cannot change the boot order. I can highlight Boot option 1 under fixed boots priorities but can’t change it. -/+ does nothing. if I hit enter  move the bar to the USB key, hit enter it doesn’t change.

Vir
    Participant

Now the part which made me quite nervous: you can’t move the 16MB-partition in front of the Windows-partition with the “Partition Wizard”, so you also can’t expand the Windows-partition (the main reason for all this). I read that Windows would need this partition for some drive management. Therefore I used “Partition Wizard” to make a copy of to the beginning of the unallocated space directly behind the “EFI System partition”. The new partition is not “reserved” anymore but a normal GPT data partition. Then I deleted the reserved partition in front of the Windows-partition.

Hi. Did you format this new partition? (I supose you did). what file system? (the “reserved” one was “Other”). Thanks.

Idontknow
    Participant

I just made a partition copy sector by sector. So the file system (if there was any) remained the same.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar