How to Fix Sizzling, crackling, vibrating sound on the right speaker

How to Fix Sizzling, crackling, vibrating sound on the right speaker

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series How to Fix Sizzling, crackling, vibrating sound on the right speaker

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rene
    Participant

I experienced a very annoying sizzling, crackling, vibrating sound on the right speaker so I decided to open my baby up.

After 20 minutes of listing to music on my opened air 12 i found out, that in my case, the speakers created vibration on one of the grey “holding knobs/nipples”

I removed this knob carefully, and the sizzling is gone đŸ™‚

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Great fix, I’ll do that nice time I open mine. Maybe a bit of glue might also fix it?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

rene
    Participant

No i don’t think so, no matter how hard i pressed the speaker down, the noise didn’t disappear

Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay thanks, any tips for removal? Just grab and twist it out with pliers?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Jasper Scholten
    Participant

I tried this. Didn’t work. Removed the holding knob – same results. Eventually tried better adhesive on the speakers, because thought it had to do with the speakers sitting loose in the laptop, but that didn’t work either.

Bernd
    Participant

Hello Xiaomi Mi Air user, I used double-sided adheseive tape. But the noise is not away.

@Rene
    : Do you remove the knob deep to the plate to get a smooth and flat surface? What tool do you use? –> I do it and !!! doesnt help !!!

PS: I think its not only the right speaker side ….. I have the noise on booth sides

Bernd
    Participant

I think the solution is, to uncouple the speaker from the body housing and the cover plate.

I use a soft plastic sheet from the shipping packing.

Now it is much better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar