How to increase internal space on android

How to increase internal space on android

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum How to increase internal space on android

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rick Starsick
    Participant

So – to increase the space in Android – I just need to run the Intel Phone Flashing Tool, that erases Windows and allocates the space to Android? If not – what other file do I need to use?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You should read the thread u have to replace the gpt file in ROM.

Rick Starsick
    Participant

I tried to download the gpt.bin file using the link above but it appears to not be hosted there anymore. Can you help? Do you have a step-by-step you followed to do this?

So – to be clear – follow the Intel PhoneFlashTool instructions, rename the x98 BIN file to gpt.bin and use it for the partition.  Then flash the boot.img file Carlos modified (Remix) – then lastly, install CM as the OS? Is it all done from the flash tool? Is there any advantages to installing a version of Remix as the OS? I have read some about it but not much. I apologize for all of the questions, I just would like to not brick this device if I can help it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just replaced the gpt.bin file of the oroginal rom with the one provided in thread in the zip file and flashed via intel flash tool, worked, 50 gb+ free space on android

Rick Starsick
    Participant

SO – I have read the instructions with the Intel Phone Flashing Tool. I am asking a few questions before I proceed:

To Flash Tablet – follow instructions included in Intel Phone Flashing Thread and replace gpt.bin with the GPT.bin file specified in the x98 zip file to allow a >50GB partition, renamed to gpt.bin and placed inthe ROM folder I am going to flash, correct?

Secondly, I am asking if any folks out there have experience with Remix OS – I see it posted in the Chuwi Forums as an option, Thoughts on it? Advantages? I also see an unlocked boot.img file provided by Carlos for the Hi12. WHat are the advantages of using this file as opposed to what Chuwi would provide?

Lastly, Can I root the tablet after flashing? If so, how? I rooted it before – will the same method work? If I recall, it was a batch file I ran in windows on my Desktop that rooted the Chuwi.

Sorry for so many questions – I would rather get it done right the first time. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Rick Starsick
    Participant

So – I am stuck here (screenshot attached) . I installed all of the software required and am at the Fastboot Mode screen on the Hi12. How do I get out of that – and can someone help me with this problem. I have connected the Chuwi before with no problem but I believe Intel installed another ADB.EXE file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rick Starsick
    Participant

I browsed Intel’s web site and reinstalled the Intel ADB driver. That solved the issue. Flash worked perfectly. NOW – to get rid of the Chinese “Owner” account and have my name on it……yet another problem 🙂  I’ll take advice.

Denis
    Participant

Guys, please help me out, u all are pros at this, I’ve some basic twrk experience but I would really appreciate if you could stepwise list things to do for getting rid of windows. I know I need that Intel tool but what do I do with it, do I download it on the tablet’s window portion and operate it from there? Or do I install it on my laptop and connect the tab to my laptop using a USB cable? I just got the device, do I also need to root it?

Please help me out I need to setup this tablet for my Mother, it’s a chuwi hi12 with 8350. I just need pointers to start up, thank you.

James Deen
    Participant

Is it that easier to use some kinds of apps such as link2sd to move your apps on the Sd card. Just make secondary partition on your SD with ext or exfat and then link all of your apps there. It is much easier.

Rick Starsick
    Participant

Two problems with the above response. Problem number one is the MicroSD card in the hi  12 just quits working. I did the link to SD card solution for a long time then one day quit working. No matter what I did no matter what card I put in it it just will not work anymore, turns out it’s a very common issue with these tablets. I had to reformat my Android partition and size it for the full 64GB. Works like a charm now. Second problem is speed of programs. Especially games. If you put the data files on a Micro SD card you will find the performance lags.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar